Does the Rug Doctor carpet shampoo work well?

I am going to be cleaning my carpets soon and I will be renting a Rug Doctor carpet shampooer from Raleys. Does the shampoo that they sell with it work well? Its the same brand.

mommytoJames512

Asked by mommytoJames512 at 1:00 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Home & Garden

• The Rug Doctor does work and so does the shampoo. I have one problem with where I live, the grocery store that I wanted to rent the machine from. They require a $100.00 deposit. I refused. I found that Home Depot also rents carpet cleaning machines, as well. I think that for $20.00, I was able to rent the machine and the attachment. I love the attachment. I use it to clean my mattresses, wicker chair cushions, and pillows. That machine really sucks up the dirt.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 1:22 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Yes they do. They are so awesome. If I could buy one I would bu they are selling at $500. But the rental fee is a fair price. I have only used the shampoos for the rug doctor machine, never on any other machine.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:01 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• sweepingyeah , i used it

letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 1:02 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• it does work, but actually if you don't want to spend that much money you can get some cheaper stuff.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 1:02 PM on Feb. 25, 2011