What age did your child start sitter foods instead of supported sitter food and what is the difference?

my 5 month old son has been on rice cereal since he was 3 and half months of age and started supported sitter solid food when he was 4 months and 1 week old. He will be 5 months in 2 weeks and i was wondering if i should start the sitter food since he sat up by himself with no support from me for a half hr i had to lay him down.
The sitter food has most of the solids he is eating now, and some of them are mixed together the ones he has tried. I will not start the meats yet at least not till he is 6 months of age. SO what is the difference between the 2 foods, and when did u start them both.

2boysyahoo.com

Asked by 2boysyahoo.com at 1:07 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have 5 kids and have NEVER paid attention to that stuff. I'm not even sure they had it on the food when my older kids were babies. Our 7mo eats whatever. We skipped cereal all together and started him on Stage 1 foods when he was 5 1/2 months. Then we went to stage 2 for foods he had already tried because there is more in the containers. He's also eating finger foods (those puffs, biter biscuits, french fries and some other table foods). He is just now starting to sit unassisted. They didn't have all those rules when my older kids were babies. We didn't even use stage 1 food with a couple of the kids and our older son was on stage 3 foods at 7 months (didn't figure out how to sit on his own until 7 1/2 months). My middle dd was eating all table food at 7 1/2 months.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:38 PM on Feb. 25, 2011