How can i get my daughter unconstapated?

she has been constapated for like 2 or 3 days now can anyone give me some advice?

snmh11510

Asked by snmh11510 at 1:26 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Kids' Health

• How old is she?
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 1:27 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• she is 13 months old.
    snmh11510

Comment by snmh11510 (original poster) at 1:28 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• my girl that is 6 is on miralax and has taken it since about 4 years old. Doctor said safe to give. Plus more fiber and water.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 1:29 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• if to young for miralax they say lay them down on floor and pump their feet like a bike. Can even find drops in the baby section at your local store or even call the doctor.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 1:31 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• okay i will try that. it has gotten so bad that when she pooped last night it has tore her butt a lil and she has blood in her poop.
    snmh11510

Comment by snmh11510 (original poster) at 1:31 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• You can feed her prunes, the baby ones by gerber are good and they also make prune juice. On a regular basis to keep her from becoming constipated, give her fruit at each meal and prunes can be mixed in with the fruit. I drink my fiber everyday to stay regular and water is important too. If she is still on formula add the prune juice to her formula.
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 1:31 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• yeah i do the bike thing shayla's doctor told us that awhile back but this time its not working she poops some but some are just lil balls and some is a really big ball. last night was the worst. and she is so raw on her but from where she is trying too poop and stuff she doesnt want me too clean it. so i have been getting a warm wash cloth and cleaning her with that.
    snmh11510

Comment by snmh11510 (original poster) at 1:34 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• My daughter had that same problem when she was 2 years old, once I found out why, I started giving her more fiber-rich foods. You have to start off slowly, otherwise it can make her have stomachaches. I would try to offer her 2 prunes a day so that her system can get used to them. Does she like apple slices? If she does, you can slice them very thin so that she won't choke on them since she is still little and you can let her dip them in some yogurt. Also, try prune juice, I heard that it can help as well. Good luck.
    cocobrown28

Answer by cocobrown28 at 1:34 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• no shes not on formula anymore we took her off it like 3 weeks ago. and yeah i will try the prunes too.
    snmh11510

Comment by snmh11510 (original poster) at 1:35 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• okay yeah i will try that thanks.
    snmh11510

Comment by snmh11510 (original poster) at 1:36 PM on Feb. 25, 2011