For WM's Do You Actually Cook A Hot Breakfast For Your Kids In The A.M.?

I get up at 6am, and I'm debating if I should start getting up at 5am to make breakfast. I have a 14yr old which is never awake before I go to work, but an 8yr old that I drive to school every morning and a 3 month old that will want more than formula at some point =) My 8yr old son currently makes cereal, but I don't know if it's pregnancy hormones or what but I'm starting to feel bad. His dad's girlfriend is a SAHM and she makes hot breakfast for him evey morning, and my son has asked if I can make pancakes =/ I guess that's where my guilt is coming from.

RNC2005

Asked by RNC2005 at 1:26 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• dont feel guilty! You cna make ahot breakfast on saturdays. My dd eats cereal most mornings but can also make a bagel in the toaster and oatmeal. I make pancakes on the weekends sometimes. You could make pancakes and freeze them so they cna just microwave a hot breakfast.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 1:29 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Oh yes, pancakes. I make a big batch on the weekends then freeze them. Pop them in the microwave for 2 minutes and breakfast is ready!!!
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 1:30 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• No, they serve breakfast at daycare.
    Jen825

Answer by Jen825 at 1:29 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• We do biscuits since you can throw them in oven real quick.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 1:29 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Sometimes.
    I go through phases.
    CrazedMomof2

Answer by CrazedMomof2 at 1:36 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• No. I'm gone before he's even up. My husband does it sometimes.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:07 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I stay at home and I still don't make hot breakfast! My kids take a bit to wake up and if I were to make a meal, they would not want to eat it right away and especially in the short time we have before school. We save the big breakfasts for the weekend when we can be lazy. Like candi1024 suggested, make a batch, freeze and warm them up. He will love it and you won't (and you shouldn't anyway) feel bad! =)
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 2:08 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• It depend on the day for me I am still balancing out my hormons after my 3rd child but like yesterday I made eggs and toast for my 5yr and 2yr old befor the 5yr old went to school. and then there are times she just want pb&j sandwich for breakfest so I give it to her
    SkylaReneeMom

Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 2:10 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I make a huge batch of french toast, freeze in between wax paper and then pop in the toaster or microwave.
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 3:01 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• no, they eat breakfast at the sitter. They get up at 6am and my husband is ready to take them to the sitter by 6:30 - no time.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 3:13 PM on Feb. 25, 2011