What can i feed my toddler becasue she's so picky.

pvuppal

Asked by pvuppal at 1:43 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• vegs but add dip, my girls love carrots cooked with maple syrup and brown sugar add the only way they will eat them, fruit with dip, I let my girls find recipes out of cookbooks and help cook, I also do vitamins and ensure drinks, Try to make it fun to eat,, also can check family fun website or mags for good ideas, I likes certain things then add things to make a full course meal. Some times I will tell the girls if they eat good a special snack and that works all the time.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 1:47 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• You continue to offer her a wide variety of foods at every meal. Make sure you always have one thing on her plate she ears readily and encourage her to take at least one bite of everything else. As you grow your taste change what she hates today she may love in 3 months but you won't know if you stop offering it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:48 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I have a very picky toddler too ... its frustrating sometimes because shes so skinny and I wold just like the girl to eat some food.
    I just give her what were eating and if she doesnt eat, she doesnt eat.I do try to make at least one thing that I know she will eat to put on her plate..but even then sometimes she won't eat that. If it were up to her, she'd he'd junk food 24-7...little junkfood junky,lol.
    If shes went all day long without realling consuming anything, I end up giving her a pb&j on wheat about a half an hour before bed..she really likes those and they are on the healthy side and I don't like the thought of her jgoiong to bed hungry.
    So my advice to you..just keep offering her the foods you and your family eat. Eventually she will take to them. Oh and try not to let her become a food manipulator to where she gets what she wants everyday because you feel bad that shes not eating.Good Luck! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:48 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• thanks guys for the input....i was just seeing if there were any fatty foods she can eat becasue she is skinny too. i feel bad not feeding her what she wants and i give in...i can't help it. is that bad?
    pvuppal

Comment by pvuppal (original poster) at 1:52 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• My daughter was picky too (EXTREMELY!) She liked what she liked and that was it...couldn't get her to even try anything new. So I started to call food by different names-using the food name she liked...example-she likes peppeoni, so we told her that hard salami was big pepperoni and that sausage was pepperoni without being sliced and stuff like that. After she ate it a few tomes and said how much she loves it we would tell her what it really was :) She would give us the "how dare you" look everytime and I couldn't help but laugh. She is not as picky now (she is almost 9 so..) Yup, I tricked her. lol ;)
    faithnseansmama

Answer by faithnseansmama at 1:58 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Toddlers are not picky, they are getting used to new tastes and textures and need time to decide what they like and what they don't. Keep offering new foods but make sure there is 1-2 foods that you know she will eat. It takes a child 10-12 times before knowing if they will like a certain food.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:51 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• i call this the air-o-tarian phase. They all go through it. First, make sure that she is drinking water, so she doesn't get dehydrated.
    Most important, do not create a monster who only eats nuggets, mac and cheese and hot dogs.
    Just keep offering a variety of healthy foods, and eventually she will start eating them again.
    Frozen foods are fun to play with, and will get eaten, like peas, blueberries and corn. Chunks of avocado and tofu are loaded with great nutrition, and are fun to squish between little fingers.
    I have never met a toddler who wouldn't eat hummus (lots of calcium, protein, good fats and iron), you can mix it with a mashed egg.
    Offer cut fruits with yogurt dip, fresh veggies with hummus or salad dressing, cooked whole wheat pasta and veggies with marinara or peanut sauce or cheese sauce

Answer by rkoloms at 7:51 AM on Feb. 27, 2011