Is sinning against our conscience the same as sinning against God, or is there a slight difference?

fordeeperroots

Asked by fordeeperroots at 1:53 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• since God doesn't live in my head, I'd say it's different.
    Anonymous

• Oh, I would say it's similiar at least....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 2:59 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I believe there is a slight difference. Sinning against God will be going directly against bible principles. Sinning against your conscience is going against a personal conviction that can hinder you to a fulfilled walk with Christ. IMO
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 3:44 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• The concept of sin is really only found in certain religions. A sin is a transgression against God, so personally I don't think we can 'sin' against ourselves.

As an example, in Buddhism, there isn't really a concept of 'sin'. There is suffering in life--for all people (suffering and life are interconnected), and this is due to things like attachment, desire, ignorance, delusion of self, greed, hatred, etc. We seek to end suffering through love, compassion, generosity, and wisdom.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 3:55 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• All sin is against God first but some sins we inherently know are wrong and those will usually distroy us deeper and faster than others if we do them.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 5:01 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I would say yes. Take smoking for instance. It's not a sin to smoke, but if God has convicted YOUR heart that it is wrong if YOU smoke, perhaps because it weakens your witness, then yes--I'd say it's the same thing.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 5:40 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Well, I believe our conscience-ness stems from our relationship to God, so technically I guess it could be, though I don't really believe in "sin"...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:28 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Sinning is sinning and all is against God
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:33 PM on Feb. 25, 2011