I was so shocked....

i went to kaiser yesterday to take my kids for their check ups, and i had an appointment as well, we walk into the OBGYN module and see a couple filling out their paper work to start going to kaiser, i was trying to make conversation and i asked how far along she was, she was 16 weeks, not so bad, but then i looked at the religion section and what they put.....she's an atheist, a very sweet one i might add, and the boyfriend was a Levyan satanist (sorry if i spelt that wrong) i was always taught that people like them were bad and i shouldnt even talk to them but they were the sweetest couple in the world i was shocked at how polite and bubbly they both were, usually when i see people of their religions they are so sad and look miserable

just thought id share this story

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• shows you not to judge a book by it's cover then. to each his own
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 1:56 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Guess it takes all types. Its sad that their stereotype is so negative.

I wonder how much of his religion he follows and how much of it is just for 'shock value'

I'm Jewish and people are always shocked when they hear that, lol. Especially because I eat cheeseburgers and porkchops. I'm not a very good Jew, lol.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 1:57 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• People always shun that which they don't understand. I don't pre-judge people. Everyone has the same chance with me regardless of religious beliefs or the lack thereof, race, gender, etc. I build my OWN oinions. I don't take on the opinions of others. Be your own person. Decide for yourself. If the couple didn't do anything that deserved your "discord" then why question it?
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 1:58 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• i actually asked what a levyan satanist was, he says its an atheist that believes that satan is a myth and is more symbolic to things people will call dirty or unacceptable
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:01 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• my friend was Christian raised and was wild. her husband and her got married when she was 15 because one they loved each other to they were pregnant. they went through a lot to. they have a daughter who is severely autistic but it ended up bringing them closer and He just got baptized a month ago. and as juliness said shows not to judge a book by its cover. i also know a sweet girl who is goth. she loves the clothes and the black hair she does not cut etc. she just likes the other. so i have learned not to judge :)
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 2:05 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• On the flip side my neighbor was a devout baptist and held circles in the park behind our house talking about "good christians". He beat his wife, sold cocaine out of his house and had I don't know how many affairs.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 2:11 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• LOL I have actually had someone say "But you seem so normal" when they found out I am an atheist.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:12 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Fakest.post.ever.
    Anonymous

• how is this post fake? its what happened to me yesterday when i went to kaiser
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:19 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• So you went to the doctor and for whatever reason were close enough to read what someone wrote on their paperwork. You also went to a Kaiser where they ask your religion. Mine doesn't but that doesn't prove anything. You are also able to tell what religion sad people are just by looking at them. really?
    Anonymous