Funerals or memorials for miscarried babies

I'm wondering if any of you have held a funeral or memorial service for your miscarried child. I am using the definition of any loss of pregnancy prior to 20 weeks, which after that point, loss is considered fetal death or still birth. It doesn't mean the loss isn't as tragic, so please do not think I don't cherish life prior to 20 weeks.

Have you been to a funeral or memorial service for a miscarried baby?

SnapdragonSMT

Asked by SnapdragonSMT at 2:03 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• No, but when I miscarried my children, I wrote a memorial journal entry for each of them, gave them a name, and registered them at the Shrine for the Unborn in New York...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 2:20 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I have never been to one.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 2:05 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I haven't been to one for a miscarried baby. I have had 2 miscarriages and years later they still come to mind on their anniversary date. I suppose my memorial is in my heart.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 2:06 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Some hospital have a ceremony and a burial for all the miscarried angels from the last few mths. u might check on that. I was fortunate to get a hospital like that. They even took pics of him in this room they have decorated with angel bears, they call it the "angel rm" and put him in a little outfit and sent them to me for keepsake. Also I got his hand and footprints and little blue robe and hat, little crochet blanket and an crichet angel. but back to ur original question. I lost my little boy in April and they had a ceremony and burial the next july. so there we many angels buried together and the headstone says miscarried angels from april- june little angels and has a angel figure beside the stone. it was beatiful and now I have somewhere to visit my son. good luck and hope u find somewhere.
    brooklyndm

Answer by brooklyndm at 2:21 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• no, but I've heard of them. My BIL makes the little coffins.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 2:27 PM on Feb. 25, 2011