Baby food?

my son is almost 5 months and he doesnt like ceral, but his dr told me to try and start food with him, he doesnt seem to like the taste or the feeling of anything but the bottle, and with my 2yr old when he was that age I just let him do what he wanted drink the bottle and now we have problems getting him to eat food. I dont want my baby to be the same way how can I help him get used to it, I have tried the food bottles and he still just spits it all out

SkylaReneeMom

Asked by SkylaReneeMom at 2:13 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He probably isn't ready, wait a week or so and try again. My daughter is 8 months and will only eat baby food if its thickened up with rice or oatmeal.
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 2:15 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• he isnt ready! i didnt start my dd until she was 7months old! and i made my own! it taste much better! lol! my dd was on table food at 8months and will eat everything!!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 2:32 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Never put food or cereal into a bottle!! Formula/breastmilk is all they need until 1 year, when your baby is ready he will eat. Try waiting a month and try again.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 2:35 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• 5 mos is a little young, I always recommend no sooner then 6 mos. Know that you don't HAVE to start with cereal, you can start with a fruit or veggie instead. If he's refusing, he's probably not ready. I'd just stop offering, and try again in a few weeks. Solids should be fed via spoon, or self fed, never in a bottle. Make sure that when he DOES start, he has a full feeding first, THEN offer the solids. In the first year, you want to make sure that he's not filling up on solids. They're just for experimentation at this point.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:32 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• How about trying juicing his fruits and veggies? Put them through a blender and make juice of them. See if he will like that.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 12:25 PM on Feb. 26, 2011