What causes our home to look messy?

Is it bc we don't know how to pit things away right away or could be the way we were raised I mean when I clean our home you can feel the cleanliness I just can't keep up my kids (7&9) are old enough to pitch in but they don't unless I get really upset with them you look at my home and it looks messy not dirty or stinky just things that need to be put up...ugh! It's always me saying oh I'll do this later or I'll put this here for now and for now never comes to clear it up....ugh! I am so tired of it and to keep on top of it omg...
Venting thanks ladies....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Home & Garden

• sounds like my house
    Anonymous

• Don't know about your house but I know our house always looks messy cause we just have to much "stuff"~~it just seems so cluttered.
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 2:16 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Kids cause my house to look messy! haha.. there are toys EVERYWHERE! Though at night it looks pretty good. You also have to look past all our boxes that are packed since we are moving next weekend!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 2:17 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• You really have to train yourself to clean and keep clean and you also have to make the time for it. Make a schedule for yourself and a chore chart for your kids. If they do what they're supposed to, they get to eat with clean dishes(dishes), sleep in clean sheets/wear clean clothes(laundry), and don't have to smell a rotten banana that they put down somewhere in their room 3 months ago! (clean your room). If they DON'T do it.....then they get priveledges taken away like tv, video games, playing with friends.
    You have to stick to your guns to make it work. Don't fight, just lay down the law that this is the way it's going to be and they have a choice, good or bad.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 2:18 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• lately thats how i feel about our house too.i havent done much because quite frankly i have a 5 month old that doesnt sleep,so i havent slept in 5 months and i'm tired! lol for us..the house is clean but its the piles of clutter just waiting for someone to put the crap away.like foldede laundry in baskets..why cant anyone else do it?? it drives me crazy.ugh.i fold it,dh could at least put the 2 babies clothes away for me or even one of the babies clothes would be nice.my 10 yr thinks hes slick and hides clean clothes so he doesnt have to put his away.grrr lol
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:18 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I was feeling the same thing all the time, but yesterday I came to the realization that a messy house can lead to a messy mind, but I think we have an idea in our minds of how the house should look and we get fixated on that instead of you did your best today( cleaning wise) I am now taking the time to do my best with the time I have to keep the house clean that day, and that will be just how my house should look instead of the idea that the house should look perfect..If you don't like something change it, if you cannot then change the way you think about it. :)
    Kelly2573

Answer by Kelly2573 at 2:22 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I hate clutter. If we don't need it, I chuck it. The rule about the kids stuff is that if it leaves their room they get one warning to pick it uf, and to put it away or it becomes trash. I won't tolerate clutter.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:32 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• It's the clutter. Kids or not, most people just have too much stuff!
    Anonymous

• Too Much Stuff will do that! We are all guilty of it!!
    If you want to teach ur kids-- Put a basket in ur room & anytime they dont pick their stuff up. put it in your basket & dont let them have it for a while.. Or go ahead & 1/2 your kids toys... Put 1/2 in their room.. and 1/2 somewhere up & away for a few weeks.. then switch them out occasionally so they are "new again"..
    My dd room was not staying clean. so that is what i did pretty much.. most of her dress up stuff (princess explosion in there most days) got put up along with some of her barbie clothes. and random toys.. It is staying MUCH MUCH cleaner!! And she isnt missing out on anything!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 3:33 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I've always been a clean freek. I would pick up, put away, I just hated clutter. I worked, so I'd blare the stereo and clean my entire house on Saturdays and do laundry at the same time, then it didn't seem so bad. My DD is the same way, even worse, she vacuums every day, even the kitchen 2 or 3 x with a little bissel, she drives her S/O nuts. But I'd rather have a neat freek than a slob any day, it just always bothered me that things weren't put away where they belonged.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 4:52 PM on Feb. 25, 2011