Fundraiser basket

I need to make a basket for a raffle drawing. It needs to be valued at $50. What kind of stuff would you put a ticket in for? I have seen cooking baskets, wine, webkinz, picture frames, earth friendly, movie night, board games...What about Scentsy???

Any ideas welcome.

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 2:22 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Cooking baskets are nice, like a dinner in a basket basically. Pasta ones are usually big! or try a facial basket like a spa one :] those are always nice to look forward to. OR movie in a basket. pick two good movies, then put in candys[Kmart sells the movie like in a box for 1$ each] popcorn and maybe seasoning salts for the popcorn?[ you can also find a like popcorn bucket oversized at Walmart to put it in!]

Hope it helped with some ideas!
    dreamcatcher13

Answer by dreamcatcher13 at 2:36 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• How about a Romance basket. Then you could include your candles with wine, chocolates, wine glasses, bubble bath?
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 2:39 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Thanks for the ideas!
    ria7

Comment by ria7 (original poster) at 4:11 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I have done many baskets for church auctions. The one that went for the most was a lemon basket.....lemon plates, lemon glasses, lemon soap, lemon curd, lemon bars, lemon blueberry bread, lemon candles, lemon drops, lemon lotion, lemon vase, lemon recipes on lemon cards. Put it in a wicker basket with yellow filler, wrapped it yellow cellophane and made a sign: When Life Gives You Lemons....... It sold for $250.00 and cost me about $50 to put together.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 10:38 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Cooking basket, candle basket, a cozy night in with like a throw and candles and a movie with popcorn, a wine basket, a pampering yourself basket with bubble bath, lotion, candle, bath salt, cozy slippers and a robe, face mask...
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:04 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Yes, but you have to do like 500 numbers to return the cost of the basket.
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 11:52 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• What Glitteribon? I dont undestand what you are saying. They have to sell atleast 50 tickets to cover the cost of the basket.
    ria7

Comment by ria7 (original poster) at 11:57 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• The way we did our scent basket for one of our fundraisers was Three of us girls tall went to Bath and body works bought on whole scent line (body wash, lotion, bubble bath, the beads, candles and body spray) the basket looked great mind you we coordinated the colors to the basket but we had a ton of bids on the basket I believe the winner paid 35 dollars. It was a silent auction.
    AbbeyKAy

Answer by AbbeyKAy at 3:27 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• YOU CAN TRY USING CANDLES AND INCENTS...I LOVE THOSE AND IF I HAD TO PICK I WOULD USE THOSE AND YOU CAN MIX IT UP WITH LITTLE CANDLES AND INCENTS OR MAYBE SMALL BOTTLES OF HAND LOTIONS WITH BODY WASH...ITS JUST AN IDEA THOSE ARE THE THING I LIKE...GOOD LUCK
    lena695

Answer by lena695 at 4:22 PM on Mar. 6, 2011