Why does God allow His children to suffer so much when eveil people prosper?

rhonda0428

Asked by rhonda0428 at 2:30 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Because in this world, we are a fallen people, and we bring it on ourselves, mainly with our free will, and the guiles of the enemy (Satan). Those who are "evil" who prosper always fall in the end. Why? Because God is good, and good will always triumph. I have found that in my life, I suffer the most when I'm not spending time with God EVERY SINGLE DAY! It's not because of anything He's done, it's because I get too busy, and forget to have my quite time with Him. Once I get back to that, things begin to be better again. But once I start getting away from Him, the enemy is more than happy to waltz on in, and screw everything up, and make me believe it's God's doings, which of course, it never is. It's all me, and the enemy's traps. But, yes, we do suffer, the greatest story is of Job. He suffered unspeakably, never once lost His faith in God, and God rewarded him doubled!
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 2:55 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• God sees the truth but waits. The longer it takes to get to you the worse it is. Don't lose your faith :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:33 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Good people prosper too.  It is because they work to make it happen instead of sitting back waiting for wishful thinking to make it magically happen.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:40 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• You learn more out of experience than you do just coasting through life. So be thankful for the challenges of life.
    Also, try to understand why you are comparing your life to anyone else.....each life is different, everyone has their own challenges. You may not see theirs because they are TOTALLY different from your own.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 2:47 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Obby, way to have respect for others' beliefs. Even if you left God out of the mix, you could have still given her a productive answer.
    Anonymous

• there are just things we dont know .
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 2:35 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• because good and bad happen to everyone, not just those you deem 'good' or 'bad'. heck, people think anyone who is different is 'bad', but that doesn't make it so.
    you were born with a brain, a conscience, and hopefully, the ability to make sober decisions. you can't go around blaming God for things that don't go your way, or how you think they should for other people. life doesn't work like that.
    life is life. like the bumper sticker says, 'shit happens'.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:47 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• The bible says children suffers the sins of the parents...also we are given free will, God is not in control we are and that is why the world is screwed up
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 2:50 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Let me make a response to someones answer. I am a hard worker and have never sat back and waited for something to happen magically so even though there are people who just sit back and wait, I am not one of them. I am just curious what does the Bible say about suffering. It is just hard for me to see all the drug users for example, making money hand over fist when as a professional I work so hard to earn my money and it still never seems to be enough for everything.
    rhonda0428

Comment by rhonda0428 (original poster) at 2:53 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• This is a question human beings have always asked, and I don't think there really is a satisfactory answer...I don't think that people prosper monetarily because of God...I don't think that God is all that concerned with money, except to warn us that loving money is the root of all evil....could be why evil people prosper financially...because they love money...God isn't rewarding them, their love of money is giving them what they want....Love of our families and children will get us more love of family and children....that is the blessing and reward of that....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 2:58 PM on Feb. 25, 2011