What to feed my daughters?

I have 13 1/2 month old twin girls. They seem to be going through a little phase where they really aren't eating that much! They're perfectly healthy and drink their milk like champs and all of that.. but anyone have any ideas of what I could try?? They are too funny because they will eat soft shelled tortillas..haha..so we have quesidillas a lot..but they can't live off of those and milk :) hopefully it will pass!!

twinners.mama

Asked by twinners.mama at 3:08 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't have kids of my own, but my sister's kids went through similar phases. One was a vegetarian for about year when he was 2. Couldn't get that kid to eat meat, not even chicken McNuggets! Will your girls eat peanutbutter? You could put that on a tortilla. Will they eat other things in quesadillas, like meat and vegetables?
    Trekkie

Answer by Trekkie at 4:26 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• i don't think i'm suppose to give them peanut butter yet?? hmm i should look into that though..because that would be good, and something new... they like teddy grahms..haha i guess there are worse things. they aren't big meat eaters but they love scrambled eggs so i don't normally worry about the protein and stuff...but they aren't really eating those right now either. maybe i could put the eggs into the tortilla with a little cheese!! sneak it in there!! thanks! you gave me an idea!! :)
    twinners.mama

Comment by twinners.mama (original poster) at 5:11 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• You need to be careful with dairy; too much (more than three servings) can leach iron and other nutrients from the body. They need to drink water.
    Frozen foods are fun to play with, and will get eaten, like peas, blueberries and corn. Chunks of avocado and tofu are loaded with great nutrition, and are fun to squish between little fingers.
    I have never met a toddler who wouldn't eat hummus (lots of calcium, protein, good fats and iron), you can mix it with a mashed egg.
    Offer cut fruits with yogurt dip, fresh veggies with hummus or salad dressing, cooked whole wheat pasta and veggies with marinara or peanut sauce or cheese sauce.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:52 AM on Feb. 27, 2011