How would you explain near death expierences ??

letstalk747

Asked by letstalk747 at 3:08 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Have you heard of Temporal Lobe Epilepsy
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:12 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I think there can be more than one explanation, depending on the person....but for the most part, I would explain it by saying the person died and was brought back to life.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 3:16 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• What Anna said.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 3:26 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I think they are a product of chemical reactions in the brain... but I don't think that makes them 'unreal', as pretty much everything we experience is experienced via a chemical reaction in the brain! I do think there is a difference between near-death and death in these cases... I wouldn't consider someone officially 'dead' until the cells of the brain have degenerated enough that they can no longer fire... and those people have such damage to their brains that even if we could restart their hearts they would be unlikely to tell us what their experiences were.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 4:05 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I think it has to do with electrical misfirings in the brain.
    ZBandMom

Answer by ZBandMom at 5:59 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• A lot say they are product of chemicals in the brain, but what puzzles me is how everyone describes the same scenario.......
    I read a lot of these books when my dad passed unexpectedly, I found comfort in doing this.

Answer by older at 7:53 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I was in a pretty bad motorcycle accident with a tramatic brain injury that required emergency surgry and many other broken bones and internal injuries which led to a 3 month hospital stay. I did have a near death experience and Im here to tell you.......unless you experience it, you have no idea. Its unexplainable and you have no doubts what so ever on what happened. Others can explain it anyway they want to.........its real, it happens.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 11:57 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• The reason a lot of people report the same experiences is because they are unconsciously trained by their society's view of life after death.
    Blue_Spiral

Answer by Blue_Spiral at 3:38 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Or, because all human brains act the same...

Not sure but it could be either or both depending on the individual experience.
    Blue_Spiral

Answer by Blue_Spiral at 3:39 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I really can't, I haven't experienced it ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 12:06 AM on Feb. 27, 2011