Work dress code?

This is for the moms who work outside the home. Go on you happy little SAHMs, enjoy your jammies, I'm envious!

Anyway, what kind of dress code do you have at work? Is it all business, casual, jeans and a t-shirt, short cocktail dresses or skimpy g-strings and heels?

Our work is listed as business casual, but it's really a little more relaxed. We can only wear jeans on Fridays though, unless it's Jeans week (you pay $5 to wear jeans all week and that money is given to a specific charity).

But it's funny seeing new people here though, because the first few days they almost always come in dressed in very strict business attire and then after about 3-4 days they start to realize that no one here dresses like that and they start to relax, LOL. I know, I did it myself when I first started.

Edit: The above comment is not a jab at SAHMs. I just meant for this to be directed at those who work outside the home and have an HR department that sets rules about this sort of thing. I meant for it to lighten it up, but without inserting a smiley face, I failed. My apologies.

thatgirl70

Asked by thatgirl70 at 3:28 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Money & Work

• Khakis and a black polo and now we have the option of wearing a khaki colored polo with black dress pants
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:37 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• scrubs...comfy and no complaints!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 3:29 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I wear jeans at least three days a week. Turtlenecks or sweaters, never printed t-shirts. Polo shirts.

Sometimes I'll get dressier, if I'm covering a story at the court house or the DA's office. If I'm out at a disaster or construction site, I dress down.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:32 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I didn't. I worked there for 2 years before I wore Jeans on jeans day.
    when we had our picnic people were giving me nasty looks, they thought my husband was with another woman because they didn't recognize me! They were so used to seeing me in a suit!

ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 3:35 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I worked in the corporate environment; business suits were the norm.
    Anonymous

• Go on you happy little SAHMs, enjoy your jammies, I'm envious!

You sound extremely JEALOUS. Some SAHMs actually WORKED before having children and not at McDonald's either. FTR, most of the SAHM's I come across don't wear "jammies." We have things to do that require us to be dressed appropriately also.

matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:03 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Oh don't get bent out of shape. I was being facetious. No I don't think they wear jammies all the time. I said that because when I've posted questions about work, I will get answers from SAHMs that tell me that they CAN sit in jammies all day if they choose to. So hush. And the first thing I do when I get home from work is take my work clothes off and put mine on. They are comfy, no shame in it!
    thatgirl70

Comment by thatgirl70 (original poster) at 9:16 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Plus, when you are a SAHM, you set the rules of how you dress, you don't have an HR department setting up guidelines that tell you what you can wear.
    thatgirl70

Comment by thatgirl70 (original poster) at 9:20 PM on Feb. 25, 2011