Wierd question about when you were pregnant?

OK, This may sound Bizarre but when you were pregnant, did you keep seeing a specific animal hang around you? When I was pregnant with my son, winter through spring, there was a mockingbird on my deck every day singing & when I went to the hospital to deliver him, I heard the same song & looked up & a mockingbird was singing on the roof of the hospital, no other birds were around. I felt so happy. He hasn't come back since we brought my Son home though.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, but I had a crazy encounter with a spider that felt kind of... I don't know, mystical???
    Blue_Spiral

Answer by Blue_Spiral at 10:13 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• No but I craved Chicked with one and steak with the other. If any of those animals hung around they would've been dinner!
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:43 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• With my 5th we had a weird thing happen animal wise. I was living with my mil and it was winter. We had a crane type of bird it almost looked like a stork come and land in her yard. She came and got me and took pics of it. It sat there for a long time. She told me it had never ever happened, in fact she had never ever seen a bird like that around here. She had heard they are around here, but never saw one, and definitely not in her yard. It was the first and last time that sort of bird has ever come around.

Answer by gemgem at 3:44 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• never happened to me, but that sounds kinda cool like you had someone looking out for you.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 3:44 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I had a dream of a specific animal ( can't say which because I read an asian pregnancy dream book that says that's bad luck), then we went and saw that animal while I was pregnant, and then it was one of the first animal words my DS learned, and still one of his favorite animals.
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 7:01 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Not really, my cat cuddled with me every night till I went into labor
    Jgreg

Answer by Jgreg at 3:57 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• No.
    beeky

Answer by beeky at 4:15 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I didn't have any animals that were always around like that, but some animals were more cuddly than usual. For example, my brother's cat who usually hisses at everyone, plopped herself down on my lap when I was about 7 or 8 months pregnant and let me pet her and she went to sleep for a long time while we were having a "Lost" viewing party. I was baffled by it, because she's usually hiding or angry at everyone (except my brother). She returned to her normal behavior after I wasn't pregnant anymore.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 4:27 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I had a ferret who slept on my belly for my entire pregnancy. He was so cuddly while I was pregnant. I think cats and ferrets can smell the hormones when a woman is pregnant. My sister's cat went absolutely insane while she was pregnant and wouldn't leave her alone.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:43 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• No, but my cat, who was so loving and cuddly, clawed and bit my ankles when I was pregnant.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:24 PM on Feb. 25, 2011