I can't stop smoking Please don't judge me

I am 31 weeks I have tried to quite smoking but I can't I have tried everything to quite. Can anyone tell me what I can do to quite?

ollababy1

Asked by ollababy1 at 3:52 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• idk what you can do to quit, my doctor told me as long as I cut down it was alright. I did cut down. I cut down to like 1-2 a day.
    Anonymous

• cut back,one less per day until you've stopped

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:53 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• at this point you should just cut down to 1 a day.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:53 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Don't stress yourself out about it.  I go from 2 packs to 3 cigs everytime I get pregnant.  You are NOT too far a long to still cut down.  How many cigs do you smoke a day?

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 3:53 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• picture your fetus - baby - coughing and gasping for air , this thought helped me quit
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 3:54 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• *hugs* i know its hard - I quit when I found out but I know I didn't stay that strong and started once he was 4 months old .. then a year later my husband got skin cancer and with his genetics of Cancer, skin cancer started in 2 people how then got other cancers and have passed.. It was only then when reality sunk in that someone HAD To be there to raise our son - he couldn't be without mom and dad... that was 18 months ago and I did it cold turkey - there are many days a week I still have to talk myself out of buying them or stopping at the store for them - but I HAVE to be there to raise my son.. *good luck**
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:55 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• However many you smoke, set those out for tomorrow.  Take away one.  Do that until your use to it.  If it doesn't stress you out, then keep going.  You can go as fast or slow as YOU need to.  If your comfortable with cutting down the 1 and it doesn't bother you.  Tomorrow count out your cigs for the day and take away one more.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 3:55 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• ill also add a story my ob told me: she had a patient who smoked 1 cigarette a day and delivered a stillborn.

the thought of that happening was enough to scare me into quitting.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:57 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Actually one of the worst things you can do is go from smoking a lot to nothing. A little fetus can't take that type of drastic change the same way we can. Talk to your OB and see what he/she recommends. Many OB's today will just tell you to cut back.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 5:04 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I smoked until i was 6months pregnant with my first son. I had been smoking for about 13yrs. I kept picturing my baby in the womb getting all those toxins from the moment i learned i was pregnant. That was back in 2004. I quit because it was not just be it was hurting anymore....it was also hurting my unborn baby. I saw a poster in my OB's office that said "the baby has dad's eyes and your lungs". It showed a preg woman smoking. That was enough guilt for me. I now have 4 boys and NEVER picked up another cig again after that. So i have been smoke free for 7 yrs now and it feels great! I never thought i could or would quit smoking, but now i cant stand it.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 5:41 PM on Feb. 25, 2011