Big Campaign Donors and Democrats: What do you think about this?

Did you expect the majority of Top 25 (at least) All-Time Campaign Donors (1989-2010) to lean towards Democrats?

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 3:57 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh, please, jobs went overseas, cheaper wages and prices went UP. Corporations CEO and shareholders gained and the middle class lost. I'm not against profits. I'm against greed!

It is no coincidence that the wage gap between average workers and CEO pay has exploded while private sector unions have declined. The average pay of America's top CEO was $479,000 in 1979, according to Business Week, but had jumped to $9.5 million by 2009. CEOs who once earned 40 times the pay of the average worker now make at least 400 times more.

http://www.milwaukeemagazine.com/murphyslaw/

Why do you think jobs went overseas? Private sector pay cannot rise until the govt eases strangling regulations and the myriad of taxes/fees businesses have to pay for. Right now I pay almost 40% in the taxes/ fees for each dollar I pay my employee. That means a worker making $16.00 per hr really costs me almost $22.00 per hr.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:35 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I wish I saw MORE unions listed. I want to see 'MADE IN AMERICA"" UNION LABEL AGAIN!

Union wages have made that an impossible dream, unless you want the prices of everything skyrocket!
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 6:38 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I don't think unions, industry, banks, corporations and such should be able to contribute to campaigns. Let the people donate. If the money isn't enough to put on lavish events, multiple and instant tv ads, then return to the whistle stop. Get out and talk to the people one-on-one. That way the people won't feel like their election process has been hijacked by businesses with deep pockets.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:34 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• The hard working middle class isn't union. The protected whether they do their jobs or not is.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:10 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I think I am not surprised.

Answer by gemgem at 3:59 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Wooohoooo Republicans have the Beer and the Guns! LOL
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:04 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• When seeing how many of them are union yes thats about what I would have expected.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 4:45 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Anon apparently you have reading issues her question

Did you expect the majority of Top 25 (at least) All-Time Campaign Donors (1989-2010) to lean towards Democrats?

My Answer "When seeing how many of them are union yes thats about what I would have expected"

I am sorry if you are the only person on the planet that doesn't get UNION = DEMOCRAT

There is nothing wrong with that it goes with their party line.

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 5:13 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• NP, you have a PROBLEM! Maybe jealous!

No, I have a grasp on reality. Something you are obviously lacking. Now run along troll, I'm too bored to play with you today.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:21 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• LOL...that's a lot of asses...er, I mean donkeys!! :o)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:13 PM on Feb. 25, 2011