Is so aggravated.

Ok well i have a chihuahua she is around 7mnths old she is so luvd. My lil girl is 3 an is jus so attached to this dog. I balled like a baby when i was going to try to find her a home. I have two issues. One is sheading. Is everywhere is driving me crazy. How can i help her not to sgead as much? Two she was useing puppy pads really great. Cause she was so tiny during winter. She was jus getting to cold to take her outside. But my mother in law an my niece cae for a visit an stayed 2 weeks. Ever sense then. She will relieve her self were every she wants. I have tried all kinds of ways but nithing seems to be working. How xan i retrain her to go outside. Thanks for the help

lilbritches501

Asked by lilbritches501 at 4:02 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Pets

• 1. You need to brush her every day for the shedding- or take her to get shaved.
    2. Sounds like you need to be trained as well as the dog in how to train a dog. Every pet is different. But once you have a pet they should be part of your family. You don't just give them up because it got too hard or because you didn't have the patience to figure it out.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 4:06 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Crate train.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:29 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I do luv this dog. Only reason i would have to give her a new home is because my three year is allergie enduced asthma. She was doing fine until. All the sheeding started. So NO. I dont need to be trained thank you. I was jus looking for ways ro reduce sheeding. So plz dont be an A-- wit me. I cried when i even had to think of the idea i might have to give her a new home. My Kids has to come first.
    lilbritches501

Comment by lilbritches501 (original poster) at 10:13 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Brush her daily she will still shed but not as much.

If you don't want her to pee in the house buy her a crate and put her in there when you can't supervise her.

If your daughter really has allergy induced asthma then the last thing you should have gotten was a dog that sheds....next time use your superior knowledge that is so much better then ours and do your research.

No one was an ass, no one told you to be trained....perhaps you should learn to read.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 10:27 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Furminator (or similar) - brush daily...high quality dog food (not any of the crap found at Walmart or the grocery store)...maybe add wild alaskan salmon oil to the food. I do agree that if your daughter has allergy induced asthma that you should have done your research and found a breed that doesn't shed as much. I also agree that crate training is the way to go in potty training. Paper training will just teach a dog/puppy that it is okay to pee/poop on the floor. I understand that it was cold when you got her as a pup, but now that it is warming up it is a good time to teach her to potty outside. It will probably be like starting over with a new puppy so please be patient with her.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 7:27 AM on Feb. 26, 2011