Anyone know of a good cold medication?

I have some sort of aweful head cold. My sinuses are killing me and my nose is running non stop. I have 3 young kids to care for and no one to help, I need to feel better asap. I use to take Drixoral for these symptoms because it worked great but they no longer sell it. DH brought me some Claritin but it doesn't help.

HKing01

Asked by HKing01 at 4:10 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Health

• Claritin wont help because its allergy medication. Not cold medication.
    Anonymous

• Theraflu helped me. I used the warming cough syrup plus the hot drink. I also drank a TON of tea, specifically the zingiber ginger coconut rooibos from Teavana.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 4:13 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• my doctor said for me to take musanex. Can even do nasal spray and that might help. a hydminfier would work at night or those plug ins really work. Or dayquil woulds wonders as well.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 4:24 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Sudafed. Not the PE version. Get the original version that is available behind the counter. The Equate brand works just as well.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 5:13 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• You need Suedefed. It can be located behind the pharmacy counter at your local drug store.
    Just regular old suedefed or Suedefed with Tylonal if you have a sinus headache.
    That is a "Break 'em up, dry 'em up" and will help stop the nasal faucet and help unclog the sinus pressure.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:10 PM on Feb. 25, 2011