Face book status

Yesterday we ha little bit of drama. We had a high speed chase on our road something that has never happened on our neighborhood. ONE of my neighbor's brother was running from the cops. Anyways the cops couldn't find the guy so they ask could they search our place. Hubby told them it was fine since we had nothing to hide. After the cops left the neighborhood, my neighbor comes over and ask us why did we let them search the place(the suspect sister). I told her because we had nothing to hide. Well I put on my face book status that "Cops search our house looking for our neighbor" No names or nothing. Everyone that respond ask were we okay didn't ask who it was. (Most of my friends on face book knows where we live and if they did they don't know my neighbors like that, they moved here about a few months ago). I just went on my page and she is on their blasting me saying I had no right putting that on my status. WTF? If you worried about people knowing who the neighbor was you just told on yourself. Do you think I was wrong for posting that on my status? That is all I posted nothing more or nothing less.

babygirl0782

Asked by babygirl0782 at 4:16 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• well I would say maybe you shouldnt have put it on there if she was on your friends list.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:19 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• No I think you can put that on your status.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:19 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• You have the right to post whatever you want on your status. The stupid sister had no right asking why you would obey the police & let them look in your home. You werent hiding her criminal sibling to what difference does it make. Sounds like that family has an issue with obeying the law.
    Anonymous

• Not at all. She is embarrassed and is expecting you to be too. I would blow it off and tell her, that nobody knew who it was until she posted.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:20 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Just talked to a mutual friend of ours and she say the neighbor is piss because one of her friends automatically assumed it was her. I have at least six neighbors it could have been anyone of them.
    babygirl0782

Comment by babygirl0782 (original poster) at 4:21 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Yeah, it's a little tacky.
    Anonymous

• no, but people are over dramatic and take things the wrong way. they take everything the wrong way.
    I had some fb drama about a month ago too, my car broke down and i wrote something about being stranded and my bil ex girlfriend wrote that she would come pick me up if she had a car, we the hubbys sister saw it and it started such drama like i did something wrong, i guess they were mad because i was being nice to her. really? how dumb. the whole thing still pisses me off because the whole family was mad at me and his sister deleted me and i still feel i did nothing wrong.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 4:23 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• No your werent wrong. I would say I agree with you and would add if someone doesnt want attention on them maybe they shouldnt go around committing crimes and running from the cops in the first place.

Answer by gemgem at 4:25 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Please, the police come to your home to search it. How crazy is that? I think you have every right to say what you want. After all, it is your Facebook. I would tell her that she just told EVERYONE who the police were looking for.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 4:34 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Was she a friend of yours? If she were a friend I wouln't have mentioned the part about the cops looking for a neighbor in case some people assumed correctly about which neighbor but if she isn't a friend I wouldn't worry about it
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 5:37 PM on Feb. 25, 2011