Free childcare???

I live on a university campus. I called a daycare center and found one place that offers free childcare if your a student (at the university). Openings are not available until fall which is fine but it has me thinking should I transfer? They do have two other options and I qualify for one of them so transfering is not the only option I have.

Would you transfer schools for free childcare?

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 4:21 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• Hell yeah! Think that child care money that you are paying now can be used for other important things. As long as the school is good and you can transfer all your credits. I say go for it.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:23 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I certainly would.
    Anonymous

• Yes!! I would transfer for free childcare and I am a SAHM!
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 4:23 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• yes, because you can get your education and not have to worry about paying that bill.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 4:25 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• It depends on the tuition of the school. My husband pays a "recreation" fee for the swimming pool, weight room and other misc things...whether he uses them or not! We have "free" childcare too, but it's built into our tuition.....
    Anonymous

• No, you are getting an education not a babysitter. It might not even be good childcare. You have alot to consider before making this decision.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:26 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• ok...yeah my community college I have to ask for grants or loans to pay for childcare which stresses me out. I live right down the street from the place too...
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 4:28 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• That depends on the childcare. Is it a good place for your little one? Would you feel confident they will care for your child like they would their own?
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 4:29 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• there is an open house and i can check it out. I would have to check it out even if I pay the tution for him to go.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 4:38 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• If it suits his needs and is safe, go for it. There is nothing greater than free child care.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 4:48 PM on Feb. 25, 2011