How can I start having faith in God once again?

So many things have happened in my life that I honestly think non of my prayers were being answered. Insted worst thing kept happening to me. And yet life was going wonderfully well for those who don't deserve it. I have anger towards God. I talk to him, but not in the form of prayer, but in an angry way asking him all sort of questions. And my life aint getting any better. I'm tired of this life.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Some of Gods greatest gifts are unanswered prayers....
    jasesmommy0529

Answer by jasesmommy0529 at 12:02 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Do you have faith? You have to have faith in God and not doubt him. Any little bit of doubt God can not move . I love this verse

Herbrew11-1 "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen".

Also the bible says whatever you ask in Jesus name and BELIEVE it shall be done unto you....
    Hope this helped God bless you
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 12:05 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I know what you mean, sometimes things that happen to us is not God but Satan, he wants to stand in the way of your happiness every chance he gets and then we blame God for not listening to us. I believe daily reading of your bible, having uncondiitional faith he died on the cross for our sins so God loves you and me. Satan doesn't bother you as long as he doesn't feel you are a threat to his evil doings, and when you are choosen to do God's work and do not heed his call on you he wants your full attention. Things always get worse before they get better. Instead of being angry with God decide what it is that makes you unhappy and pray for deliverance without doubt he can restore your faith if you ask in Jesus name. He knows your thoughts and feelings before you think them. Everyone goes thru trials in life. Sometimes it is test of faith.
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 12:17 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• You might find the Book of Job to be helpful. Job was beset by troubles and still maintained his faith.

Also look at the Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi. 20 years ago, a priest introduced me to the Prayer of St Francis, and it has been a guide and comfort for me since then. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prayer_of_Saint_Francis

Answer by gdiamante at 12:33 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• There is a part in the bible somewhere that says God shys away from angry talk or something along those lines. I have discovered that if you take ALL and I mean ALL OF YOUR PROBLEMS and surrender them to God and don't even ATTEMPT to worry about them and just tell God they are HIS problems and he can do as he'd like with them and your life. It's Hard no doubt but you can't get in the way of God's work. He can't help you if you are trying to do it yourself. Surrender it all and let him have it.

Continued
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Then he can start working in your life once you are out of the way. Don't worry about bills, your relationship, kids...Not even your hair. Give it ALL to him and he will move in your life. Also FIRST comes LIVING in the wors. You need to live like the bible intends you to and THEN the blessings will flow without you even having to do anything but live as God wants. You can't live in sin and flesh and expect for the blessings to flow. Try it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• word I meant
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• quit asking WHY and stary saying THANK YOU GOD also
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Instead of asking "Why don't you change my husband? He can be such a jerk!" Start saying "Well he might be a jerk sometimes but THANK YOU GOD for giving me a wonderful husband that loves me and etc...(whatever all the good qualities are in him). Look at EVERY aspect of you life like that. Your bills may be flooding but thank God you have a house, cars and whater you do have. Start looking at every little thing that God has given you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• keep praying! Prayer is the most powerful thing. You have nothing to lose and eveything to gain by praying! Also ask him to protect you and keepthe devil and his demons away from you so that you are able to pray to him and bond with him without the devil being there. I have been where you are and I've cursed his name before but as long as you reach out to him he will protect you. He has never left you. I know it's sometimes easy to blame God for the things in our life but it's not him. Start to read the bible and or just talk to him and ask him to make things better, Really give your self back to him and things will begin to get better. I will pray for you.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 3:22 AM on Nov. 20, 2008