Carpet vs hard floor

what's your preference?

i personally HATE carpet. i don't even care if it's actual hardwood or not. i have dogs so laminate pretend wood is fine with me. i just hate vacuuming and feeling like it always smells, is never clean, everything stains it, probably has residual dust hiding under it. i would have no qualms about having to sweep daily, even twice daily, i don't care! at least i'd see that it was gone! ugh. i cannot WAIT until i can afford to get the supplies. i'm willing to do it myself without any help, i hate carpet that much!!! :) haha anyway, you know how I feel, what about you?

juliness

Asked by juliness at 4:35 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I like carpet in that it's less cold, but it is so much messier...
    losing_control

Answer by losing_control at 4:36 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I prefer carpet, I just feel homier with it, I feel so bare with harwood floors. I have a carpet cleaner and I clean my own rugs every now and then. I do have hardwood floors in the rec. room, and I'm not overly crazy about that, but I'll live. To each his own I guess.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 4:37 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• haha that's why i asked. my friend and i always have friendly debates about it. she's carpet all the way and i am totally anti carpet... i also like to slide around in my socks! :)
    juliness

Comment by juliness (original poster) at 4:38 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I agree carpet is harder to clean but I feel hardwood floors are just so cold. I feel about hardwood the way you feel about carpet ha ha!
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 4:39 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Wood for sure.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 4:39 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I love carpet my oldest is 4 and has been diagnosed with low muscle tone so she has trouble with balance and coordnation so she falls a lot. So if we had hard floors i would worry she would get hurt. We dont have pets and all the food/drinks stay in the kitchen so no spill/messes on our carpet and I shampoo 3 times a yr. I do like hard wood floors too i think they are pretty i would just prefer carpet in the living/bed rooms.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 4:39 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• We have mostly hardwood throughout the house, but with room size rugs for warmth. It's easy to clean the hardwood & easy to pick up the carpets & clean under them.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 4:42 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I like both....hardwood in the kitchen, dining room and entry way....carpet in the bedrooms and ceramic tile in the bathrooms!

TJones32

Answer by TJones32 at 4:43 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• we ripped out our carpet before our 2nd arrived a couple yrs ago and i am glad its gone but it is a little more maintenance with the laminate floor always sweeping & swifter jetting it as you see everything, dust, foot prints etc.. but ya its better in the send of cleaner & allergies etc. we have carpet upstairs which i just got cleaned
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:48 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• well with 2 cats, a dog and 2 kids I would have to say I like hardwood floors better. We have all hardwood floors downstairs. Then our steps and upstairs is carpet other than my kids' room and the bathroom. Not sure why the one room doesn't have carpet, but anyway my kids spill everything I love to just mop it up rather than trying to get out a stain. Plus the carpet upstairs catches all the animal hair. Plus my DH works on cars and has grease on his shoes when he walks in and if we had carpet it would be ruined from him lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:59 PM on Feb. 25, 2011