Foster parenting teen parents

I have always wanted to help people. I have also always considered myself to be a good teacher, and a great mom for the most part. I was thinking when I get older (I am 26 now so i don't think I will be taken seriously right now) I want to be a foster mom to teen mothers so I can try to help them adjust to parenthood more smoothly, show them the skills to be a great mother, help them out as much as I can etc. Do you think this is a silly dream?

dragonqueen

Asked by dragonqueen at 4:38 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I think that is a great ideal! You should look into it!
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 4:41 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Never a silly dream.. I think its great you want to do that - go for it Mommy!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:50 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• you rockI think it is a wonderful Idea I was a teen mother and wish I I could go to without feeling like they were judgig or looking down on me

ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 4:51 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• What a lovely idea!
    While you are working on getting your home approved, you can look into volunteering with (or starting) a teen pregnancy prevention program.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:19 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• No I think that it would be a good idea. A lot of young moms don't know the first thing about being a mom. To have someone show them
    how to be a mom is a great idea.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 12:45 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I saw your other post about the call, congratulations! I think this is wonderful!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 4:55 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• No. you should look into it.
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 2:49 PM on Mar. 1, 2011