Best way to get my tub/shower clean?

Ok...well this is gross. I have never cleaned my tub! I moved in in September and it just kind of slipped my mind. I know realize that my tub/shower is disgusting and 409 and a scrubby are not cutting it. I also tried a magic eraser and it just got tore up. I need my bathtub clean!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Home & Garden

• That sounds like an ajax or comet job to me. It will come off pretty fast with that stuff. If you have tile and grout, do an quick comet scrub on that and then use a toothbrush and dishwashing detergent to bleach out the grout.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 5:15 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I use scrubbing bubbles. But since you have not cleaned in so long I would go get some Ajax or something like that and then put it in and wet it. Scrub it really good and let it set for a couple of hours. At that point rinse it with hot water. Some of it might seem to stick to the tub so bring the scrubber with you to scrub it off. After that get a can of scrubbing bubbles. Use the whole thing. Again put it over the tub and get everything you can. Let it sit around 20 minutes, and rinse. That should do it.
    Oh and since you forget to clean the tub, go pick up the scrubbing bubbles automatic shower cleaner. Itll clean a little for you every day and then it wont get to this point again.

Answer by gemgem at 4:53 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Vinegar and baking soda!
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 5:16 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• scrubbing bubbles
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:53 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• You may have to fill it up and pour some chemicals in and let it soak over night. Maybe that would work.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 4:54 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I use scrubbing bubbles and a sponge with a scubbing side on it.. It works for me
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 5:01 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Fantastick! I know its chemicals are harsh, but I used it once on a seriously disgusting tub/shower and it worked! I just sprayed it, let it soak for a few mins and then scrubbed it with a green sponge. Just put it in your weekly routine so you remember to clean it.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 5:05 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Scrubbing Bybbles is great...
    lillyblue111

Answer by lillyblue111 at 6:51 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Lysol disinfectant (my fave is the blue one) it fights soap scum. Spray on heavy since it has been a while and leave for about an hour then use a scrubby with warm water. Good luck :)
    jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 10:09 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• P.s its the 4 in 1 kind of lysol :)
    jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 10:10 PM on Feb. 26, 2011