4 year old (boy) and potty training?

Does any one have a 4 year old boy that isn't fully potty trained yet? My son won't poop on the potty to save his life. We have tried everything from gum to money and toys, nothing works.

I think there may be more than meets the eye why he isn't potty trained yet. He goes to see a counselor once a week starting next week and we might be able to find out why he isn't using the potty the way he should be by now.

In the mean time though I would like to know your thoughts of how to get him to go poop and pee on the potty all the time and be able to wear big boy underwear all the time.

Jssg1986

Asked by Jssg1986 at 4:56 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• same issue here.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 4:59 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Hmm.. I know for us, we went from little potty to big potty seat but the seat was too hard so we had to get a "softer " potty seat and he now only like to go upstairs and he doesn't like the smell of his own poop- although he will use the potty, he wants to spray and often doesn't want to poop because it smells - not sure where it came up with that one but... thats our story.. I wish you the best!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:05 PM on Feb. 25, 2011