Unwhite white clothes....?

Kind of irritated. My white clothes are either gray or have stains on them. I use bleach when I wash them, but it doesn't help. I have soaked them in water/lemon juice and that didn't work either. Right now they are soaking in hot water/non chlorine bleach. I hope that works. But, it's a bit irritating because I want my whites to be pretty and white! Does anyone know of something that will keep them from getting so dingy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Are you by chance talking about linen? Too much bleach can make it yellow, if not you might have a rust issue in your pipes or washing machine!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 5:25 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• You may have hard water, which means it's full of minerals and those minerals are being deposited on your clothes, making them look dingy. If the water is hard (you can have it tested), then you'll need to get a water softener system to get rid of the minerals.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:27 PM on Feb. 25, 2011