Thinking of cutting my family off

I am so sick and tired of their bullshit it is pathetic. I am sitting here crying I am so mad. I just posted about my facebook status. Just found out that my sister was the one that told my neighbor about my status. When I ask my sister why my neighbor was so upset she told me. I said I was going to apologize to her because I wasn't trying to cause any confusion, my sister told me to leave it alone i ask her why she tells me she dosen't want is going to "war" over the whole situation. Really she didn't want me to know how my neighbor got the info(she dosen't have internet). She has been telling my mom who i am talking to and what I put down on fb, my mom then goes and tell the rest of the family what I do on facebook. My nephew calls me from Kuwait bitching because me and his future ex-wife was talking on fb. I am so sick of it. I am constantly getting talked about by these people. i don't ask them for money of anything. I just feel like screaming. A couple of weeks ago my mom comes and ask me for some money to go the dentist. I asked her how much she need and when did she need it. She told me and when the time came i gave it to her. I found out from my other sister she just wanted to see if i would give her the money since I we let MIL borrow some money. I got paid a lump sum of money a few months ago from my job, I went to the bank to withdraw some money out my sister was with me I handed her my card, money and withdrawl slip to put back in my purse so I can move(line was long). That night I got a called from my other sister telling me exactly how much money i had in the bank. Again my sister told my mom and my mom told everyone else. Ten years ago my mom moved and told me and hubby if we finish making payments on the house then she would sighn it over to us. We finish paying it but now she refuse to sign it over to us saying she afraid that later on down the line my husband was going to con me out of it(just because me and him had a rough patch 3yrs ago and was thinking about divorce). I feel like saying the hell withthe house and my family and just up and move. There is so much I can tell you but it would take a book to write all the shit down. BTW I tried to all my neighbor and apologize over the whole fb status and she refuse to talk to me. Should I just let them go?

babygirl0782

Asked by babygirl0782 at 5:31 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• Families can be very difficult. I can't fathom the idea of cutting off my family. I lose respect for my mom a little more each year (addict, no intentions of ever changing, lies about it all the time) but she's still my mom. She may have made some serious mistakes while raising us, but we kids came out of it OK and we learned from those mistakes she made. For me, it's a little easier now that I live 5 hours from her and don't have to see/ talk to her often. i can distance myself from the destructive lifestyle she insists upon having. I miss her and my sisters insanely some days and wish I could just drive over to their houses and flop on the couch and act like a kid. I can only imagine how much more I would miss them if we had severed our relationship; I imagine it to be excruciating!
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 6:03 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• we had to cut off my mil. for us it was because she is not a good influance on ds and we dont want to deal with her constant drinking and abusive bfs that she seems to attract. its hard to do, but it was the best intrest of our son. dont get me wrong, shes a great person but if we kept talking to her, she would drag us down again.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 6:25 PM on Feb. 25, 2011