Is it normal for 3 month old babies to go 2 or 3 days without a bm?

I have tried diluted pear juice and laying flat on his back for awhile.

donovansmom902

Asked by donovansmom902 at 12:05 AM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That made me panic. I found baby Pear juice works well with my baby. I use 1 oz pear juice, 2 oz water...warmed up like a bottle. I do this once a day when he needs to get things moving. My baby is only 14 weeks.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 12:08 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• If breastfed, completely normal. They slow down. I knew of one baby who went 18 days without a bowel movement....normal breastfed baby blowout at the end.

Not pooping isn't a problem for a breastfed baby unless there are hard dry pellets.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:27 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Are you breastfeeding? My baby has been down to every other day (or sometimes longer) poops for almost two months now. Enjoy!

Oh, but beware...he may make up for the lack of poo by having the worst gas EVER. My guy has been known to make grown men gry. :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:52 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Yes, it is normal. Another thing to think about is that children go through growth spurts at very specific ages (look it up on the web or your baby books) and this can cause the waste output to be lower for a few days or weeks at a time. That is because the baby is absorbing more of the food and using it to grow, hence, less poop.
    Raegy

Answer by Raegy at 2:40 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• My breastfed-only baby would go 10 days without a bm somtimes. As long as they don't seem to be in pain, it's fine. Although once that poop comes, WATCH OUT!! You're in for a diaper disaster!
    HeyKarin

Answer by HeyKarin at 12:53 PM on Nov. 20, 2008