Does anyone know if transformer cartoons are not good for an ADHD child. There is controversy on this topic and I would like more opinions, Thanks

maleahwells

Asked by maleahwells at 5:34 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• What? I've never heard of that.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 5:58 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• i never heard that hmm sorry i cannot help
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 6:38 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Sometimes, kids with ADHD can get sucked into or fixated on certain things like television or computer games. It is more a symptom of the disorder, instead of a causal thing, if that makes any sense. When you see you child "zoning" on anything, just decide if you need to step in and redirect or whether the child is just "resting".
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:08 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• what? i am very familiar with ADD and i believe that ADHD is similar just more extreme. and the above response doesn't make sense to me. a person with ADD/ADHD pays attention to things that seem interesting to him/her. so if the kid "zones" in on anything, that means it's interesting and it's holding his/her attention. when in other cases their attention span is not there. I have had ADD since i was in 1st grade and it has stuck with me through adulthood. which is called adult ADD. it's not bad if a child is "sucked into" or fixated on something that interests them unless it's something that you don't want them to be interested in, then i would suggest redirecting their attention.
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 5:09 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I've never heard of this. Me personally, my son has ADHD & he's fine & doesn't seem 2 have any problems.

NubianQueen78

Answer by NubianQueen78 at 8:59 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I've never heard of this! Can you provide us with a link to an article or study?
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:35 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• i think that anything that overstimulates the child is not good for them. there is alot of action in that cartoon, but if your kid can take it..y not?
    froghopper

Answer by froghopper at 3:25 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• TOO much of any TV, computer, hand held games etc. is not good. Esp for ADHD kids b/c it's super stimulates them. But a specific program -- not nec. UNLESS its something specific with THAT child
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 3:10 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I've never heard of that. If it makes the kid antsy because of all the movement, then I'd say it's bad. Personally, the movies make me a little dizzy.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:36 PM on Mar. 1, 2011