Measuring 6 weeks ahead at 32 weeks....

I had my prenatal office visit this morning, and apparently I'm measuring 6 weeks ahead... I know my due date is accurate, and they seem quite concerned, especially since I want to go for a VBAC. I have to go back in for an ultrasound next week. Has this happened to anybody else? Oh, and it's definitely not gestational diabetes.

Anouck

Asked by Anouck at 6:15 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You could have excess amniotic fluid which can cause that, or maybe just having a big baby.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:17 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I'm worried about the "big baby" part, since they are implying they won't let me try for a VBAC if that's the case...
    Anouck

Comment by Anouck (original poster) at 6:18 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I held a leg while my BFF pushed out an 11 pounder! :D You can do it!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:22 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Normally I wouldn't worry, but because I had a c-section with my first one, apparently the risk of uterine rupture increases with the size of the baby. Did your friend have a c-section before having the 11 pounder?
    Anouck

Comment by Anouck (original poster) at 6:24 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• She had one. A long time ago. Yes it is a risk, BUT there are risks to C sections too. I think some doctors just do them for the $$ or to cover their butts. I'm not saying they all do, but C sections just seem so damn trendy these days! lol

Maybe google some VBAC success stories, youtube has a few good ones too! But relax, it could be nothing. Unless they are concerned, just relax, don't let it take up too much space in your head for now. :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:32 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• well, if it helps...know that the "science" of estimating baby size is the most flawed one of all. I have personal experience through friends who have been told 2-3 lbs above what their child actually ended up weighing.
    Docs will ALWAYS play it "paranoid".
    I say, really tap into your instinct...and see how you feel.
    boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 6:33 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Thanks ladies, I know I should just take the "wait and see" approach for now. The only reason I kind of freaked out is because my hospital is actually very pro-VBAC, so for my midwife to mention concern is just a little...frightening, know what I mean?
    Anouck

Comment by Anouck (original poster) at 6:36 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Well, maybe she forgot how to measure! TEE HEE
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:44 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• You can do it! Good Luck
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 3:09 PM on Mar. 10, 2011