Sick or Worse?

My 3 1/2 year old son has thrown up 3 times today. 2 1/2 hours after he has eaten or drank anything. The last time was 2 saltines and gatorade that came out yellow and slimey. He has no fever and is only a little sluggish. Should I be worried?

Shelly.D

Asked by Shelly.D at 6:26 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Health

• Since he's puking you might go ahead and take him to the doctor. But you could also wait a day and see if he's still doing it tomorrow.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 6:28 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• It is probably just a stomach virus. My doctor told me when you have a stomach virus you should not drink anything with sugar. That includes gatorade, He said water or 100% juice. Sugar upsets the digestive tract. I would not worry unless the vomiting gets worse or if he develops fever. No solid foods until he has held down water and juice. Popsicles made with 100% juice is always good. I am sorry he is sick. I hope he gets better soon.
    Momxoxoxo

Answer by Momxoxoxo at 6:40 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Perhaps he's too young or allergic to gatorade
    lillyblue111

Answer by lillyblue111 at 6:54 PM on Feb. 25, 2011