My fiance's mother wont leave me alone !!!

I am pregnant with my first baby and I am very excited. I would however be more excited if my fiance had a different mother.

I admitted that I have lied about being pregnant before ( one time I didn't get a period so I assumed I was and told everyone I was, but turned out I wasnt, and another time I was stupid and told him I was because I was afraid he was going to leave me) .

But both of these things were over a year ago. I am older and smarter and it drives me crazy that she still throws it in my face.

We currently live with her until we get our own home ( we have money to, we just havent found a place) . It is like everytime i talk about being pregnant or the baby she acts like she cant hear me or just walks away. She even told my fiance that she won't let herself get excited until she has concrete proof ( she actually wants to go to my first ultrasound with us, and then got mad when I told her she isnt going to any of my appointments) .

The first time when I thought I was pregnant she was so much nicer and better to be around, she was even going to buy the crib and bought a couple outfits the day after she found out. But now she is being a total bitch and acts like I am some sort of trash who got my claws on her sweet boy ( maybe I should remind her I am with HIM, not with HER) .

I have showed her the pregnancy test ( thru a text message) and she replied saying that she knows my friend is pregnant and that isnt real proof to her. I am 8 weeks and you can tell in my belly that I am.... But I give up I am so tired of her crap !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:29 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• I am afraid you earned the mistrust.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:31 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I can't say that I blame her for feeling the way that she does but I'm sure she'll come around eventually.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 6:33 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I agree you kinda did this to yourself, maybe you can take her and your hubby to the first visit and it will ease their minds. GL
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 6:34 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Her attitude isn't unjustified given the past circumstances. She is a mom and probably felt like you manipulated her son, and as a mom with two boys I'd do anything in my power to get them away from a manipulative woman and I am one to hold grudges at times. I'm sure she was also upset that you told everyone you were pregnant before getting proof, there are many things than can cause your period to be late and it wasn't a good decision to assume you were based on a late period. However because her son has obviously forgiven you than you should simply wait it out - once she knows you are pregnant for real her attitude may change.
    Anonymous

• But it has been over a year !

I have a little baby bump and I showed her the + preg test .... I dont know what else I can do besides let her go to a DR appointment with me, but that is definatly something I dont want to do because I think that is an invasion of privacy and should only be for me and my fiance ( and my very best friend since we were kids is the only other one who will be aloud and that is only when my fiance can't take me )
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:36 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Well she doesnt trust you and a year isnt a long time. I have adult kids myself and I can tell you things my son in law has done in the past have taken more then a year to get over. Once you screw up, you have to earn back that trust. Its just the way life is.

Answer by gemgem at 6:40 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• It doesn't matter how much time has past, her hurt is from your lies and mistakes about pregnancy so her mistrust stems directly from you stating that your pregnant so anything that she may have seemed to be forgiving about has been brought to the surface and she is feeling that hurt and mistrust all over again.
    Anonymous

• I'm afraid I'll have to agree with TooToobusy. I can understand that you aren't happy about the way this woman is acting,but it does sound like you have a lot of growing up to do before you get married.
    you admit to being dishonest. I can't say that I blame her.

She feels the way she feels and it may be a while before anything changes in her attitude. but, in the meantime I do agree that you don't have to prove anything to her. Just do all you can to take care of yourself and your pregnancy with your fiance in the meantime.
    let her feel the way she feels, and do what you can to earn her trust.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 6:49 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I suggest your two move so you two have privacy.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 6:52 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Yeah you could not take her but she's still not going to believe you it doesn't matter if you have a baby bump or not thats still not proof that your pregnant or not. You lied about it 2 times so it doesn't matter how long ago you lied about it. Just take her to the first one and thats the only one you have to take her to.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 6:53 PM on Feb. 25, 2011