Anyone elses 4/5 year old do this?

My kid eats a snack and lunch at school. When she comes home she is hungry. She eats and EATS! and this is after she ate a snack not even 10 minutes before she gets home. I don't get it. Why is she eating after eating?

dragonqueen

Asked by dragonqueen at 6:33 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Normal, just give healthy stuff. Kids metabolism is in high gear easp if ur kid is fairly slender anyhow.

My 4 yr old is the same
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 6:37 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• My 4yo is the same!!! IT drives me nuts! When she comes home she will eat cereal, yogart, carrots and dip, graham crackers and still cry that shes hungry! Shes thin if it matters but is always hungry after school. Shes like a bottomless pit. I try to make dinner earlier but she still cries as if she cant wait. Im right there with ya!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:36 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• The other parents in her class have said the same thing. Who knows with being in a cafeteria if theyre really eating their lunch. I just figure its the length of the day and being tired that causes it
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:37 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Oh my, I thought my daughter was the only one who ate like a pig! LOL She has been this way for the past couple of weeks. Eating constantly, even hungry when she gets home from preschool. It's like, wow I wish I could still eat like that! :)
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 6:40 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• My daughter did that a few months ago, and then she stopped with the constant eating and shot up close to three inches. I call that the beginning of a growth spirt.
    cerealmom2

Answer by cerealmom2 at 6:42 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• She has been eating yogurt, cheese, grapes, apples, bananas, oranges etc. when she gets home. I pretty much only offer healthy foods. Once in a while I will have cookies or hotdogs or something less healthy.
    dragonqueen

Comment by dragonqueen (original poster) at 6:43 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Wow lol i wish my DD who is 4 was like that. She is never hungry if i ask her. Ihave to make her eat and every time she eats it takes her hours to finish. My DS who is 2 is just like your DD. He loves to eat lol. He is always wanting to snack on something.

Christieluv0614

Answer by Christieluv0614 at 6:44 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• My kids do that! My 5 year old eats LUNCH at 10:50AM! So by the time he gets home at 4pm he is starving
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 6:51 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I wish my 3 yr old was like that I hope she becomes like that when she turns 4 because she is NEVER hungry and never wants to eat. Food is her enemy.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 7:15 PM on Feb. 25, 2011