Whiny stage?

Every no or time my son doesn't get his way the tears come and he whines. UGH I am gonna rip my hair out. At first it broke my heart and I couldn't bear for him to cry now I am just UGH Right now he just ran in MUMMEEEEEEEEEEE Daddy won't let me play with my car.. he has to eat before he can play.. he tries to play us against each other and if that doesn't work he will go to my mom or dad, I swear I saw him whining to the cat the other day. What do you do when this happens? When does this stage end? He just started the parrot stage and whining in one week isn't there some sorta rule where they can't coincide with each other?

Punkslilncs

Asked by Punkslilncs at 6:59 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You just said it, he knows!!!!!! what gets to you!!!! he can manipulate you!!! IGNORE! stop showing him reactions and ignore. If he gets upset because you ignore, tell him as long as he is whining, he won't get his way.

Answer by older at 7:09 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Ignore, ignore and ignore some more, apparently he has been doing this for a while and feeding off your reaction.

Answer by older at 7:03 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• It just started really bad in the past two weeks. He knows now to run to me with his big purple eyes and pull the puppy dog face.. when that doesn't work a high pitched squeal makes me cringe..
    Punkslilncs

Comment by Punkslilncs (original poster) at 7:05 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• My daughter is 5 and does that. Everytime she does it she is removed and placed in time out. It seems to be working. I won't tolerate it.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:17 PM on Feb. 25, 2011