Are there any moms here who's child has seizures?

If so how do you deal?

Darla47

Asked by Darla47 at 7:03 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Health

• My DD just started having them in August. Her first one was big bad and scary and she ended up in the hospital and in a medically induced coma for 11 days. After that she was great for about 12 weeks.

The second time she had a seizure I freaked out a little, although I was surprised at how I was able tot deal with it easier then I thought I would. Since then she has a had maybe 10 more. It is never easier to watch her go through them although I know she doesn't know what is going on and never remembers them. I think right now I just make sure I am doing everything to keep her safe while she is having one and then either we let her sleep or we end up in the hospital. Her seizures are very different and usually she ends up very sick and in the hospital with them.

I think I have learned that life can't stop just because she has seizures and we try to live everyday to the fullest. It is never easy though!

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:09 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• bumping!
    Hope4Teal

Answer by Hope4Teal at 3:49 AM on Mar. 1, 2011