Those of you who had a c section!!.. how was your recovery?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:09 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My first one was really hard, but I had been in labor for 10 hours before it. The second was a piece of cake . . . I was up and walking later the same day.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:12 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Emergency c-section sucked, I won't lie about that. I spent a good 5 weeks in pain and miserable.

Second scheduled c-section was 1000 times easier. I was up walking around about 8 hours after, and the pain was very manageable. So much better the second time around.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 7:12 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• i had a planned one
    was not sobad, scar healed like a charm
    but, when i went off pain pills, i had headaches like nothing i can explain
    called doc, he said spinal fluid leaking, casing headaches, should have taken it more easy and not been in hurry
    for a long time, every time i over did it with my back - i got these headaches that would last for days
    i have had migraines=THESE ARE WORSE!!

best advice i could give - if you get shot in spine =take it as easy as you can to avoid possible spinal headaches
    you DO NOT want to get these!!!!

other than headaches that would take down a grown elephant, all else was a breeze
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:19 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• First one was horrible. Second one AMAZING. Third, would have been fine if I hadn't had all the issues with my pelvis.....it took a long time to get over how out of place it was.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 7:12 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Same here, the first one was awful, but the second not as bad.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 7:13 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• My first and only was fine. Was walking in a day's time.
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 7:13 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Followed doctor's orders to a T and had no complications at all. A little pain/discomfort of course, but that's normal.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:15 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• easy, I was walking in as soon as I could move my legs. I took it easy, but 3 days later (when my staples were removed) I felt great. I was discharged 2 days after my csection.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 7:22 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• My first C-section was horrible!!! It ended up busting open when i went home. My second c-section i had a spinal and was feeling great the next day until i got what the call a spinal headache. They ended up going back in my spine and doing a blood patch. BUT i would much rather have a planned c-section over an emergency c-section.

skileybug

Answer by skileybug at 7:29 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• My first was bad. Took me about 3 weeks before I felt back to normal and pain free.

My second was much eaiser.

My third was a breeze! I was changing bed sheets the day I got home from the hospital.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 7:30 PM on Feb. 25, 2011