I am overweight, sad, depressed, and a mother of two.. Please help!!

For starters I am a mother of 2 small children ages 1 and 2. I am a SAHM, 5'5" and weigh 165 lbs. I am so grossed out with my body image and I have been trying to change it. I have dropped some weight and 2 pant sizes.. then I started gaining weight again. I try to eat healtheir and workout more.. I do house chores and play with my two girls where i chase them around the house. Sometimes I walk for 10 mins. Sometimes when my weight doesnt go down I feel like a failure and depressed and just start eating and like i could care less.. please help! thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Health

• First of all remember that muscle weighs more than fat so while trying to lose you may not see weight loss but building muscle is a good thing. They will help you burn the fat if you keep the muscles strong. Keep up the good work. Increase the walking adding five minutes until you are up to 30 min. While at home use resistance bands while watching tv or lift light weights (2-3 lb) and build those muscles. You can even use water bottles or soup cans for the weights so it won't cost anything. Don't get discouraged.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:15 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Oh, it is so hard to diet and be healthy when you are so busy with little babies . . . I hope you are able to give yourself some leeway right now . . . .you are doing soooooooo much!

After your smallets is 2 1/2 to 3, you will be getting more sleep and feeling much better about yourself. Hang in there, momma.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:17 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I would give anything to weigh 165 lbs. I am 5'5" as well and I have about 60 lbs on you. I get down about my weight alot too and am trying to shed these unwanted pounds. When I get down, I talk to my hubby about it. He loves me no matter what size I am, if I have no make up on and my hair is in a ponytail. It makes me feel so good to know that I don't have to try to be beautiful in his eyes. I just am.

Working towards my goal makes me feel proactive and better too. I'll paint my toenails or do a hot oil treatment on my hair. Things like that are a real pick me up for me. Keep trying. You are worth it!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 7:26 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Wow you sound like me. I am 5'5" and was at 207 after my last child, I got down to 160 and loved it, now I am back up to 186 :( I try everything to lose the weight, all I can say is walk, walk, walk and try lifting weights (milk when u pour it, 2 liter sodas) and hit the gym as much as you can.

Im not much help, sorry. If you want you can pm me and we can talk we can help each other lose weight
    Jssg1986

Answer by Jssg1986 at 8:32 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I would love to weight 165, and I'm 5'5" and I was a major hottie when i weighed that much ;) Don't be so hard on yourself, if you're interested try out sparkpeople.com, I was able to lose weight quickly and so did my husband just by following a set amount of calorie diet and tracking my food. It's awesome, and really helps keep it in the forefront of your mind.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 10:48 PM on Feb. 25, 2011