High blood pressure & protein in urine..anyone ever do the 24 hour pee thing?

im 37 weeks along.. at my last appointment my blood pressure was high and i had protein in my urine.. so they sent me to the hospital to be put on a monitor.. my blood pressure was then perfectly normal.. they sent me home a few hours later & I had to do a 24 hour collect your pee thing.. I hadnt heard back from the lab place today....... & I was told to make an appointment for monday.. Im assuming if there was something going on then i would have been called!

anyone else have to do anything like this.. for pre-eclampsia? I hope they dont make me get induced!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:16 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My best friend had this with her first son. She had to do the gallon thing. If they found something to be concerned they will definitely call you. Try to keep it calm and keep your feet up. They induced her because her blood pressue went crazy at 38 wks
    momof2cuteboys

Answer by momof2cuteboys at 7:18 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• It sounds like preeclampsia to me. I had it too. Pack your bag for the hospital like you are going on a laid back trip. I was put on bed rest for two weeks before doing the 24 hr sample. Then they gave me an appointment. At that appointment they told me to go home, pack and get myself to the hospital. I was admitted so they could watch me and keep an eye on my levels. A whole week later the induced me. If you have any more questions feel free to send me a message. Good luck.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 7:21 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I did it around the same time (37 or 37 weeks) because they suspected it with my first. But they checked it for 24 hours and it was fine...no induction.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 10:14 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• its preeclampsia, i had that too its baby time for u good luck
    angelnina8715

Answer by angelnina8715 at 12:39 AM on Feb. 26, 2011