Do you think I should go to the doctors?

Im 18 years old and my boyfriend and I have had unprotected sex. I am on the pill, but, I sometimes forget to take the pill and mess up the days. Anyway, I have been feeling different. I google the symptoms for pregnancy and I do have most of them. Last month, I got my period for only three days and it was veryy very light. Usually, my period is super heavy and it would last for a week. I have taken multiple at home pregnancy tests but they all turned out invalid. This month, I got what I thought was my period. I got it on Sunday, and I had a great amount of cramps, I wasnt bleeding that much, but then as the days went on, it got heavier. This months "period" only lasted till Wednesday. And again, my period usually lasts a week.

mmckenzie1018

Asked by mmckenzie1018 at 7:20 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would definitely get a real test from a doctor. You also might want to pick up some prenatal vitamins from the store (they don't cost much) just in case. Good luck!
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 7:23 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• What do you mean by invalid?
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 7:24 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Definetly go to the dr. they also have free pregnancy centers and they are totaly confidential
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 7:24 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Invaild as in, the test was neither positive not negative
    mmckenzie1018

Comment by mmckenzie1018 (original poster) at 7:26 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Do you think I should just get blood work done ?
    mmckenzie1018

Comment by mmckenzie1018 (original poster) at 7:27 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Make an appt with your OB . . . let them know you are taking BCP's too, in case they want you to stop them.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:33 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Usually (not always) a dr. won't do a blood test right away. I got one with my son, but I had been to the dr.'s twice telling them something was up, and twice I got a negative test. When I called for the 3rd time they scheduled me blood work, and that showed I was pregnant. By the time this happened I was 12 weeks. However, a negative test when you really are positive isn't all that common, and it was a fluke because this pregnancy I found out at home when I was 5 weeks. I would start with a urine test at your dr.'s, they are not going to get an invalid result. And then if it comes up negative your dr. will have an idea of where to go from there. Good luck!
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 7:34 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• This is all great advice !..Thanks ladies !..Its kind of a scary thought because I was always the girl saying that she wouldnt have kids till shes 30 !..LOL..But I will deff. go to the doctors
    mmckenzie1018

Comment by mmckenzie1018 (original poster) at 7:38 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Go to your doc and get a real test. The first bleeding you had could be implant bleeding. So you should definitely get a doctor's opinion
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 7:50 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I understand that it couild be implant bleeding..But what about the second time I bled?..Thats whats confusing me
    mmckenzie1018

Comment by mmckenzie1018 (original poster) at 7:52 PM on Feb. 25, 2011