Time telling problem??

My husband had a time telling problem. If he goes out he'll tell me he'll be beac a certain time and he never is!!!!!!He is always super late. If he has an after work lime he says only a couple hours, it ends up being like 6 hours!! I have tried to tell him that it pisses me of because I am sitting at home thinking he'll be home at a certain time and he never ever is. Right now it's 8:30 and he said he'd be home by 6! I know its not cheating or anything, it's alwys that he gets caught up in the lime.. How can I get him to realize he has to learn to rope it in, when he's told me a certain time?

gutterflower585

Asked by gutterflower585 at 7:22 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• This isn't exactly the same because its my mom and not my spouse, but my mom is like this and has been her entire life. The family just learned to realize that when she said 6pm it really meant about 9pm, and they planned accordingly. If my mom told my dad she'd be home about 4pm, he'd have dinner ready about 7:30pm. Although I understand your frustration it might make things easier if you just set yourself up from the beginning for him to be home late. When my SO says he'll be home by midnight, I bank on it being closer to 1am and I'm usually right. And because I was expecting 1am I'm never upset when this is the case.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 7:29 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Stop expecting him. Stop waiting for him. When he says "I will be home at ___ . Don't believe him.

Answer by louise2 at 7:32 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• You could also do the same thing to him a few times a week or month and let him see how it feels.. Sometimes talking just doesn't cut it.. Show him
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:37 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• See I can't do that because I love being there with my son. I like putting him to bed, I miss that when I'm not there and I really feel no need to go out at nights with friends and stuff. I live in the Caribbean and crime is very rampant in out country so for me to go out at night is a risk I don't want to take.
    gutterflower585

Comment by gutterflower585 (original poster) at 7:43 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Dont ever mention it again. He may even do it because he feels like you nag and are trying to control him. YOuve already said it makes you mad and he still does it so thats not working.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 7:59 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Why don't you set a time to call him-like if he says he's going to be home by 5, give him a call around 430 to let him know.

i know where you're coming from. my hubs used to do the same thing. i just started reminding him.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 8:01 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Well try this you do it tell him you will be back at a certin time to cook dinner so he waiting for you and you don't show up for 2 hours after that and when he says where the Fuck have you been tell him you lost track of time hanging out with friends or having a "lime" NOW maybe he can see what you were talking about and will change......but men are stupid he will probably think you cheating..just say WHATEVER and go about your business....hope something triggers his mind and he starts putting you first.
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 8:45 PM on Feb. 26, 2011