T>V

Do u guys see whats on tv these days sex,drugs etc...Me and hubby can only watch christian channel and news what do u guys think?

hinson7169

Asked by hinson7169 at 12:24 AM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I know what you mean! It makes me sick that EVERYTHING is sexualized. And it's getting edgier and edgier, and creeping up the time slots. I won't even let my kids watch the Disney channel, because most of their programs show kids having a disrespectful attitude towards parents and authority in general.

brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 12:27 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• We hardly ever watch t.v. If we do, we rent videos of what we want to watch, instead of all the stupid crap on t.v. these days. Way too much sexuality, bad language, etc. for kids, especially! Why on t.v., do they try to make about everything soooo exaggerated?! I can definately do without t.v.! Too much crap!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I agree, there is more explicit sexual content now more than ever. I do however like to watch a lot of the History and Discovery channels. Or the imformative channels. I do also, record a lot of childrens movies, like Nemo, Shreik, Flushed away, Stuart Little, etc. I love to watch them, especially when my grandchildren are here. I do agree, you really have to screen TV before you let children watch, including yourself .
    Freda01

Answer by Freda01 at 7:10 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• We don't do the tv thing... haven't had it in over a yr... we use the internet for our information ...(news, weather...etc...)
    And it's not for the reasons stated with the OP, it's bc there is never anything new on ... always the same thing ...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:45 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Stop being so uptight and overly sensitive!  You will enjoy life so much more.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:50 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I enjoy t.v., I watch my soap operas and then I watch drama's like Grey's Anatomy, ER & Ghost Whisperer. I also love Wife Swap.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:22 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I love TV...except for reality TV. That stuff should be banned for sheer stupidity. I refuse to watch any of it because it lowers your IQ as you watch. I prefer the History and Discovery channels during the day and in the evening I catch what few good shows are still on (House, How I Met Your Mother...pretty much anything that isn't reality TV).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:33 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• We watch A LOT of the shows from the 70's and 80's. They are so much cleaner and quite good.
    Crystal750

Answer by Crystal750 at 10:02 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Onward and upward, I always say!
    CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 10:21 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• So many of the drama's though are filled with sex, and drug use, and language. It doesnt in any way talk about or glorify GOD. Im sure God wouldnt be watching half the shows we think are ok on tv. God says to do whatever is pure and those shows on FX are not pure. Neither is wife swap. Its about taking two married woman throwing them into another family and then Expect them to get along.. its sick. Stay with your own family they need you enough not another family. The person who made the comment about not being so sensitive and uptight, if your a christian you would understand that God wants us to watch things that glorify him or atleast are pure not things that are filled with Drama, stress, drugs, money, problems.. Give me a break!
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 10:51 AM on Nov. 20, 2008