How do you feel about 30-40 or older men dating women that could be their daughter/granddaughter in age difference?

There was a subject on here similar to this lastnight. I thought about it today & I don't understand why people would be attracted to someone so much younger. How could you have hardly anything in common?, especially a 20+ year age difference. It seems that it's mostly guys with young women. Is it supposed to be a trophy kind of thing? Some younger people have been around the block many times! Just because someone is "18 & legal", dosen't mean they know much. No offense to any older teenagers. Do some guys prey on someone just because they're "legal" & they won't get in trouble for having sex with them? What is it?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Relationships

• I personally thinki t's a bit weird, but if the girl is 18, she's old enouigh to make her own decisions and face her own consequences. All the more reason to make sure we raise our kids right!
    My best friend got married when she was 20 to a man that was 40. They are still married 16 yrs later and have 3 kids.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 12:38 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• well the young ones will do it if the older guy has money...real good money. and the guys do it cuz they're more visual beings, so young and hott are something they're looking for.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:50 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Personally, I always see it the older man has alittle more money. Now I'm not sayin that EVERY case is like that...but most of what I've seen. I tihnk with men, its the trophey/better sex/produce children, thing...young women security/security/security....gross and gross for me...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• My sister married someone 20 years older than her. At first I thought that maybe he was preying on her but soon realized it was the other way around. My sister had a daughter at 16 and didnt work and was not with the daddy. She met him when she was 18 he had a job, house, etc. So she could sit on her butt because he was a good guy. she quickly got pregnant and then married him.
    At the time he had two boys one 16 the other 14 so his oldest is only 2 years younger than her. She still sits on her butt and has 3 kids now. He is such a good man and she is taking advantage of him. I actually hope that one day he will realize and she will get off her lazy butt and get a job.
    By the way she hasnt worked a day in her life.
    fyi there is alot more to the story this is the jist of it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Well here is some reasons as to why.
    The younger girls can be like trophies to them
    They don't have to worry about an older woman with more wisdom getting on their back because the younger one's will be more naive.
    The younger one's are more likely to engage in sex more than an older woman. (Not in ALL cases but you get the point.)
    The younger women like to do more fun, kinkier, wild things that older women who have beared children and setteled down are not for. It makes the men feel "youthful."
    This does not apply to all young women but only certain types in which the men seem to go for.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Oh yes and it's more visually pleasing to them as well. Jerks...They actually believe titties are suppose to stay perky for the rest of your life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I know a guy who is doing this. He isn't preying on her and she isn't using him. They both truly love each other and their relationship is great. Age is just a number. Love knows no boundaries.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 1:00 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I don't know, but when I am 40 if I find some 19 year old guy willing to do it like rabbits....I'm going for it...I don't care if he can tie his own shoes....he won't need them anyway..... LOL OOoops does that make me bad? I dont' care what we have in common..just drop'em and LETS GO ! Maybe that's all it is for some people....I personally am married and sex deprived so I got a lot of pent up frustration! LOL I'd like to add......I would never cheat...I'm just saying if I was a single person.
    Anonymous

• I dated a man who was about 20 years older than me. We really liked being with each other and we actually did have a lot in common. I have always been pretty mature though. I would have loved to keep dating him but circumstances didn't allow it. We didn't have any need to use each other.
    Anonymous

• I'm living with my partner who is 19 years older than me. We have much in common , and we have both been threw many of the same experiances in life and support eachother with dealing with how its changed our lives. We both live a very spiritual eath based life, and are both active, love going on walks, traveling, taking the kids everywere we go. We actualy dated for several months before sex was an issue. I respect the opnion of others, and can see how this stereo type of older men seeing younger woman can get in the way of actualy seeing 2 adults inlove and living like anyother couple would live. I guess we fit into the same "no no" catagory as same sex couples. Some people are afraid of "different" . Were has it been written that you cant Love anyone older then at lest 5 years???...i must have missed that memo.
    Newagemama

Answer by Newagemama at 1:25 PM on Dec. 18, 2008