Lip Scrub

Hey ladies - I am desperately needing a good lip scrub. I've noticed that my lips are super dry, and my normal method (scrubbing them with a tooth brush) is not working. This winter has been brutal!

VS has one but it's back ordered for over a month, so I am not sure what else to try.

Any suggestions?

Razelda

Asked by Razelda at 7:52 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Have you used any of these? I am not looking for links if you haven't personally tried them and had good results. =)
    Razelda

Comment by Razelda (original poster) at 8:01 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I have not personally used the sephora one although it comes high recommended and I am thinking of getting some myself.

Good Luck!

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:06 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Mary Kay used to have a good one. I used it a couple of years ago but don't know if they still sell it.
    angiemgiu

Answer by angiemgiu at 8:22 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• instead of scrubbing them with a dry toothbrush... put petrolium jelly on your lips first and then scrub
    lashes325

Answer by lashes325 at 9:32 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I don't have petroleum jelly and I can't put that stuff anywhere that might possibly touch my face. I will develop a rash as I have extremely sensitive skin. Thanks
    Razelda

Comment by Razelda (original poster) at 9:36 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I just use the same one I use for my face. Neutrogena.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 9:55 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I have a homemade overnight lip treatment that you put on at night and wake up with smoother lips. The way I do it is put it on at night and in the morning after it has soaked in well, use a slightly damp washcloth or very soft toothbrush to brush away the dead skin and the next night do the same treatment and it's much better. If you do the treatment once or twice a week, you wont have anymore problems and only have to exfoliate once or twice a month. As a daily chapstick I use Burt's Beeswax and absolutely LOVE IT!!!
    Here's the recipe:
    1/2 tsp glycerine or honey (i use glycerine and haven't tried honey b/c i've been scared it would be stick but have heard it works well)
    1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice (i just use the bottled kind)
    1/2 tsp castor oil
    Mix all 3 together and spread on lips, leave overnight. Keep in refrigerator.
    huntin_mama

Answer by huntin_mama at 10:00 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• LUSH has some really good and yummy lip scrubs. You could probably do your own scrub with a bit of olive oil or coconut oil and some granulated sugar.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 10:16 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• A little water and sugar is a good exfoliator for your lips! Plus the taste isn''t horrible.

dreamcatcher13

Answer by dreamcatcher13 at 3:00 PM on Feb. 26, 2011