What's the worst injury your child has had?

My ds who will be 3 next month got 2 ND degree burns on his left hand after picking up an iron this past Tuesday. Everything looks good now, and the burn center thinks it will be healed by monday! I still feel so horrible! :( Everyone keeps saying, o, this won't be the last time..... So what has your kids worst battle wound been??

(& please no bashing, I feel bad enough, and it was an accident)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:59 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• accidents happen and it really isn't anyones fault we just need to learn from them. I have 3 children and there have been many different injuries. When my middle one was 2 he swallowed a quarter because he didn't have any pockets, he ended up having to be put under to get it out of his throat. My DD broke her arm running between our living room nad kitchen. She also had a seizure this past August and was in a coma for 11 days.

So whether it is because of an accident or because they are sick life is always interesting with children.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:03 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• My dd broke her arm. She literally tripped over her little brother and landed wrong, in my bedroom!!!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 8:01 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Diaphragmatic Hernia
    Anonymous

• My son got shocked from an exposed outlet at my gparents. He was 8 months. It wasn't bad though, no lasting trauma, but it was still really scary. Don't bash yourself. Kids are resilient at that age and there's alot more meaning falls and stuff. It's all part of the growing process and no parent is perfect. It alright to feel bad, but don't dwell on it. You're a good mom and it's not your fault!! Hugs!!
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 8:05 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• My daughter got 2nd degree burns on both hands after making her way to the gas fireplace the day before her 1st birthday. Thinking of it now makes me feel sick and she'll be 3 in May. It was heartbreaking. It was preventable. We will never get over the guilt. She healed just fine and you'd never know she had that happen to her but she has some serious scarring on her palms.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 8:06 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• just a scrape on the knee or something
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 8:08 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• My son was standing in a broken kitchen chair(I wish I threw out in trash) and he cut his foot all the way across and had to get 18 stitches. You could hear him screaming all over the hospital. Hes 16 not, but I'll never forget it.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 8:21 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Let's see...My 10yo dd's worst injury was probably when she fell off the corner of my bed (which was like a 6" thick mattress on the floor) and busted her upper gums open. There was a lot of blood but she wasn't hurt. She hasn't had anything but skinned knees since then.
    My 9yo son has had more injuries, his worst being his elbow dislocating at 2 1/2.
    My 8yo dd's worst injury was stepping on some glass in our yard when she was 6. Didn't even need stitches. I don't think she's had anything else but skinned knees and minor bruises.
    My 4yo dd's worst was falling down the basement stairs just before she turned 2. She busted her face up but wasn't seriously hurt.
    Considering how rough they play they rarely get hurt. We've only had 1 ER trip (for the elbow) and 1 urgent care (the glass). None of their other injuries were things I couldn't deal with at home.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:23 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• It's not your fault, hon! Accidents happen! My oldest DD broke her arm at 4, jumping off the top of a bunk bed! It was awful!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:29 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• When my oldest son was 14 months old he was attacked my a Black Lab. He had several wounds to his face (between his eyes, on his nose, and his upper lip). He received SEVERAL stitches from a facial plastic surgeon. I will try to post a picture...

[IMG]http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i22/mrsnz/Untitled1.jpg[/IMG]
    MichaelsMom330

Answer by MichaelsMom330 at 8:41 PM on Feb. 25, 2011