Medicating a child with adhd...

My daughter has struggle with adhd since she was young. When she was in kindergarten I did choose to put her on meds, but everything we have tried ether doesn't work for her of has bad side effects. I've tried riddlin and it made her worse. When we tried adderall it made her real spacey, then we tried sateria and she would not eat on them...... Is there anything that works?

Kimberly71682

Asked by Kimberly71682 at 8:00 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• We made my grandson stand still and "look at me when I'm talking to you". No medication. No sugar, Caffine free, sugar free pop only. Watch the diet. He finally outgrew it around the age of 9 or 10. He was that way from when I got him at 18 months. He's stable now, has control of his actions, doesn't eat much in the way of sweets. He's 24 now, by the way.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 8:30 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• how is she doing academically? If she is able to keep up on classwork, I might back off of the meds for now. sometimes kids settle down as they get older.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:04 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I know what you are going through. I have two sons that are diagnosed with ADD, ADHD. They are taking Adderall and it's not cool at all. So if you find a good answer, please forward it to me.

ShellyRo

Answer by ShellyRo at 8:07 PM on Feb. 25, 2011