Auto industry

was anyone else pissed off when the CEO's of the major auto company's all showed up using there private jets and then asking the government for a hand out???

mrssundin

Asked by mrssundin at 12:36 AM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I say let them fail. In the words of one of the Congress members, "Why should we bail you out? So you can make the same stupid mistakes you've made ofr the last 25 years?" I LOVED IT! The $20,000 private jet trip is what really put me over the edge. When news talk was saying how flight XXX cost $266 for Coach or $340 for First class, I was appalled. I also heard the assembly workers are making $75/hr. SERIOUS?? Lower the wages of the workers (they are blue collar workers, most with maybe a high school diploma), cut the wages of the CEO's and all their perks. It would be amazing how much money they would save. It would also lower the price of vehicles, making it a better market for people to buy cars, thus increasing their profits. Ta da! Problem solved.
    Mom2SavRynShai

Answer by Mom2SavRynShai at 1:26 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• LOL.. Yeap. I was like sell the damn jets and you might not need a bail out. however i'm very conflicted by this bailout thing. I feel as if we need to let them file for bankrupcy and start all over. at the same time I don't want to see the American companies fail and the loss of job continued. I hate to think how many people are going to be left without jobs. and I don't mean the big guns. I mean the workers.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 12:42 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• yeah i saw What the Hell Wed today on The View and heard that story...i couldn't believe it either, i was so with Whoopi on this one. of all the nerve...
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:44 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I liked when that guy asked if they had taken a commercial flight and not one of them raised their hands and then they asked if they were willing to sell there jets and no one raised there hands again. your right about all of those workers though.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 12:48 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I think we should give them a bail out (loan) with conditions. such as ...Sell the private jets, cut salaries for ceo's and trim their entertainment budget etc.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 12:51 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

i am with you on that one!!
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 12:59 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• alot of people ar egoing to loose their jobs because they are not getting part of the bail out. they want part of what was approved already. so why give it to other companies an dnot them?

"U.S. auto companies employ nearly a quarter-million workers, and more than 730,000 other people have jobs producing the materials and parts that go into cars. About 1 million on top of that work in dealerships nationwide. If just one of the auto giants were to go belly up, some estimates put U.S. job losses next year as high as 2.5 million."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Nov. 20, 2008