Belly fat??

What's a good way to get rid of a tummy?? Don't have time to go to a gym, also finances are tight, and we have no exercise equipment.. I've tried dieting but I can't stick to it.

gutterflower585

Asked by gutterflower585 at 8:07 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Well, diet is 80% of the battle. If you're not willing to change your diet or find ways to exercise, then you won't lose any weight. Exercise doesn't have to be expensive. Also, be aware you CANNOT spot-lose fat. It happens from all over. You need to do something aerobic. Start with brisk walking (you need to get your heart rate up and break a sweat), or try exercise videos at home. With time, maybe you can pick up the pace and start jogging. Do you have a bike? Fill the tires and go for a ride! Run around with the kids. But seriously, diet is the biggest part of it. You can't have a "diet" mentality. You need to make permanent changes, or the weight will come right back. Start keeping a food log, and MEASURE yoir portions. Use somethin like
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:13 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Sorry, my phone freaked out. Anyway, try using a free service like sparkpeople.com to log your food and see how many calories you're taking in. Then go over it and see where you can realistically make changes. Make sure you're eating breakfast every day. Eat small frequent meals to rev your metabolism. Have a little bit of protein with each one. Eat lots of fresh produce. Choose lean dairy products and proteins, and whole grains. Eliminate added sugars from yoir diet. These CAN all be done. This is what I've been doing, and I've lost about 50 lbs so far. Portion control, cutting out sugar, and eating small frequent meals have been huge in my success. The meals keep me from getting too hungry. Don't stuff yourself. Listen to your body. Plan out your meals. It's easier to try new things this way, and plan out healthy meals. Good luck!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:17 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I think she ^^^ pretty much has it covered lol.

Just want to say doing crunches and other ab exercises are good for getting a strong abdomen, but if you don't do cardio and eat better/less you wont be able to see it.

Just find some activity to do. You said finances are tight, but I like using a wii or kinect (we have kinect) it's a fun way to get active. Also just go out and do something. Take your kids out for a walk or bike ride, just run around at the park with them, etc.
    haydsmom2007

Answer by haydsmom2007 at 5:55 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Take more vit c and fish oil
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 4:37 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Eating right, watching carbs, and drinking lots of water really helps. Walking at least 30 mins a day (briskly).. Just these simple things can help you lose a few pounds in a month..
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 12:35 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Diet and Plank exercises. Google them, they cost nothing to do and need no "equipment"
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 8:45 PM on Mar. 7, 2011