24 hour pee thing.... during pregnancy.. anyone have pre-eclampsia ever>

im 37 weeks along.. at my last appointment my blood pressure was high and i had protein in my urine.. so they sent me to the hospital to be put on a monitor.. my blood pressure was then perfectly normal.. they sent me home a few hours later & I had to do a 24 hour collect your pee thing.. I hadnt heard back from the lab place today....... & I was told to make an appointment for monday.. Im assuming if there was something going on then i would have been called!

anyone else have to do anything like this.. for pre-eclampsia? I hope they dont make me get induced!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:12 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Health

• I had to do the same thing in my 40th week with my first baby 12 years ago, so I don't know how much help I am, but, they did not call me either and I went into labor in my 42 week! Mommy and Baby were fine, he is a happy 12 year-old! Good luck!
    Blessedmomoftlp

Answer by Blessedmomoftlp at 8:20 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I had to do it around 32 weeks because my BP was high on my appointment day (my dad had just passed away about a week before, it was over 90 degrees outside, and I had been walking up stairs to get to the office). Tests came back fine and yet my doctor still kept saying I had pre-eclampsia throughout the rest of my pregnancy and tried to use that to talk me into induction, but I refused.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:17 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I had preclampsia when I was 36 weeks pregnant with my daughter. No matter what they did my blood pressure would not drop so they admitted me to the hospital and in less than 24 hours they induced labor and my daughter was born almost 4 weeks early. Luckily she was perfectly healthy and weighed in at 5lbs 5oz.

I managed to avoid preclampsia with my son, but as fate would have it, I ended up with post-partum eclampsia.
    KristyB

Answer by KristyB at 11:18 PM on Feb. 26, 2011